Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS 1970 Muncie 4 Speed Set Up

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 09:04 PM
Zeoohsix
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS 1970 Muncie 4 Speed Set Up

I sold my 1970 Vette last year and I am cleaning out some parts to put some money into my Z06. I had pulled the 4 speed transmission to install a Keisler 5 speed and hung onto the original 4 speed. This is an original and untouched 1970 Muncie, Wide Ratio, M-20. The codes are tough to read in the picture but are as follows:

70S417098 (which is the derivative of my old VIN)
P0H04A

This came out of a running and driving original 60,000 mile car. I was the 3rd owner of the car and know that this transmission has never been apart. This transmission shifted perfectly and I was actually somewhat sorry after I did the swap because the new TKO transmission was nowhere near as nice and smooth as this Muncie. No noises or problems at all. When I restored the car I drained the case and replaced with fresh gear oil, replaced the tail shaft seal, and made a poor choice to spray the case with aluminum color paint (looks stupid) but that can easily be scrubbed off. I would like to sell everything I have for the 4 speed set-up together as I think it will be of most use to somebody that way.

This includes:
-Transmission
-Complete shifter assembly, brackets, linkages (missing the $3 spring in the ****)
-Original speedometer cable and gear
-reproduction lock out cable
-original 4-speed driveshaft and front yoke
-transmission mount (replaced a few years ago)
-exhaust bracket
-Ram clutch disc with about 500 miles on it

I restored this car and drove it for about 500 miles with this transmission before I decided to install the Keisler, so I am certain that it shifts perfectly.

I would prefer local pick-up if possible as it would be a pain to try and ship this stuff out. I am in the Raleigh, NC area. I am looking for $900 for the entire package.

If you are really interested but are concerned about not being able to pick this up, please contact me and we can try to figure something out for shipping.
Attached Images    

Last edited by Zeoohsix; 02-24-2014 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Price Reduction
Old 02-13-2014, 10:01 AM
Zeoohsix
Advanced

Ttt
Old 02-13-2014, 02:04 PM
72C3Vette
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds stupid, but if that's only part not making car numbers matching.. I'd contact new owner
Old 02-13-2014, 02:24 PM
Zeoohsix
Advanced

Originally Posted by 72C3Vette
Sounds stupid, but if that's only part not making car numbers matching.. I'd contact new owner
My thoughts too, but he's not interested, really likes the 5 speed.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:38 PM
Zeoohsix
Advanced

Price reduced, trying to clean the garage out some so I can fill it with different stuff

Get notified of new replies

To FS 1970 Muncie 4 Speed Set Up

Quick Reply: FS 1970 Muncie 4 Speed Set Up