Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB 68-73 Rear Bumpers

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 06:49 AM
AkrHack
Drifting

Received 260 Likes on 183 Posts

Default WTB 68-73 Rear Bumpers

I got a call from the chrome shop yesterday and to my surprise they said my original rear bumpers had holes in them after they removed them from the strip tank. Now I am in the market for a pair of rear bumpers. I don’t care about the condition of the chrome as I can have them re-chromed. The main thing is they have to be solid cores with no rust issues. If you have some that do not need to be re-chromed, all the better! I can pick them up if you don’t want to ship.
Old 03-11-2015, 09:58 AM
oldsarge
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Just a note. Depending on the size of the holes, they can easily and cheaply be repaired and then re-chromed. I have had this done and was surprised at how well they turned out. Maybe worth looking into.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:12 PM
V4motorsports
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts

I have a pair. Little rust area but solid, no dents.

Will send pictures when I get home.

Russ
Old 03-11-2015, 03:41 PM
V4motorsports
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts

Pictures sent.

Russ
Old 03-12-2015, 12:29 AM
grantstigers
Melting Slicks

Received 156 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by AkrHack
I got a call from the chrome shop yesterday and to my surprise they said my original rear bumpers had holes in them after they removed them from the strip tank. Now I am in the market for a pair of rear bumpers. I don’t care about the condition of the chrome as I can have them re-chromed. The main thing is they have to be solid cores with no rust issues. If you have some that do not need to be re-chromed, all the better! I can pick them up if you don’t want to ship.
I have one side that was rechromed and perfect. The other side is a solid solid core.
400.00 shipped. I have 3 of one side all rechromed. What happened was I sent 2 pairs of left and right and got back 4 of one side. so I had to go into my excess pile and find 4 of the other side to match.
Hope that helps
Grant
Old 03-12-2015, 10:02 AM
AkrHack
Drifting

Received 260 Likes on 183 Posts

Thank to all that posted and sent me PMs. I now have what I need to have nicely re-chromed rear bumpers!

Regards,
Rick

Get notified of new replies

To WTB 68-73 Rear Bumpers

Quick Reply: WTB 68-73 Rear Bumpers