Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parting out 1980 with good body

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2016, 02:00 PM
azchris
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Parting out 1980 with good body

I'm parting out this 1980 with a Clean AZ title. I purchased it for the ZZ4 motor and VBP suspension that it has and have little use for the rest of it. If you want something else not listed just PM me. Car parts are located in Tucson, AZ I would prefer items be picked up but I can ship if needed.
It is still in one piece but I will start taking it apart as items sell. The car shows 5K (105K) miles on the odometer.
The frame parts will be for sale once the body is gone.

Here is my short list:

Bare Body with glass $1200 + shipping(No doors, hood, t-tops, headlights etc)
(Fiberglass all looks good with a few small cracks pictured, paint is heat cracking on top surfaces)

Original Hood ($350) + shipping
Both Fiberglass t-tops with latches ($300) + shipping
DS Door with glass ($250) + shipping
PS Door with glass ($250) + shipping
Stock automatic Transmission ($300) + shipping

Thanks,

Chris
Attached Images       

Last edited by azchris; 07-11-2016 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Added to description
Old 07-11-2016, 01:10 AM
NewbVetteGuy
Melting Slicks

Received 332 Likes on 281 Posts

Some good options for someone considering some easy weight savings without doing the crazy weight mods to the door. (The 1980's saw significant weight reduction through thinner fiberglass and window glass, right?)

I'd be really curious what the doors, t-tops, and hood weights vs. the earlier C3s like the big fatty fat fat 79 Black on Black that I've got. (If you can throw the t-tops on a scale, it might tempt some of the nutty weight savings guys but the crappy aftermarket plastic clear t-tops weight even less so maybe not.) -The door weight is very useful for science and inquiring minds want to know.

Some people go nuts trying to find those aluminum rims, too (I think they're ungodly ugly, but I'm keeping mine around for a dyno test when all my evil plans come together as they're WAY easier to get spinning than my heavy 18" chrome Chinese wheels.).

If I've absorbed some of BeeJay's info in his weight reduction threads the doors, hood and T-tops of the 80 should all be about as light as stock C3 doors, hoods, and t-tops come. The seats are sought after by owners of earlier C3's too as they've all got super heavy old-school seats, too.

I think you'll make a small mint parting this out, if you're lucky; I think this was a smart move on your part. The rear bumper also would be a good swap for anyone looking to get a slightly lower coefficient of drag as the integrated spoiler reduced drag vs the earlier optional add-on spoiler (like my 79 has).

If you were within driving distance I'd be pretty tempted to buy both doors and instantly save some weight vs. my 79 black on black on black's heavy fatty doors. (ESPECIALLY after reading BeeJay's door lightening thread.)

Adam

Last edited by NewbVetteGuy; 07-11-2016 at 01:24 AM.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:16 AM
NewbVetteGuy
Melting Slicks

How many miles does the TH350 have? (People are going to want to know, so you might as well post it to everyone.)

Any idea what rear-end is in the car? (The code stamped on it can easily be translated; assuming 355.)

If you went crazy parting it out, you could get more. Is the exhaust still intact, if so any details? -Assuming not if someone put a ZZ4 in it... (If it is there still may be some NHRS crazies or California-based folks who are looking for the smog exhaust; personally that someone would WANT the smog equipment blows my mind; I say GOOD RIDDANCE!)

Does the gauge cluster have a stock-style radio cut-out in it or a DIN1 modern radio cut-out? This I might actually be willing to pay for and ship.

I'd also be interested in the cigarette lighter door of the console and glove box door if you can send a picture of the outside and inside of each...

Adam

Last edited by NewbVetteGuy; 07-11-2016 at 01:18 AM.
Old 07-11-2016, 01:21 AM
NewbVetteGuy
Melting Slicks

Anychance the headlights were converted from vacuum to electric? -If so, I call dibs on the parts and I'd be super interested. (I highly doubt this but always worth a chance.)

If it's got a shock tower bar installed, I'd also be interested in that. Aftermarket aluminum radiator, I'd also be interested in; electric fans with shroud also interested in.

Adam
Old 07-11-2016, 11:20 AM
azchris
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Each t-top is 10lbs without the head liner insert and those are 3lbs each.

Once I pull the doors off I will make sure to toss it on the scale for you.

Thanks for your interest!

Originally Posted by NewbVetteGuy
Some good options for someone considering some easy weight savings without doing the crazy weight mods to the door. (The 1980's saw significant weight reduction through thinner fiberglass and window glass, right?)

I'd be really curious what the doors, t-tops, and hood weights vs. the earlier C3s like the big fatty fat fat 79 Black on Black that I've got. (If you can throw the t-tops on a scale, it might tempt some of the nutty weight savings guys but the crappy aftermarket plastic clear t-tops weight even less so maybe not.) -The door weight is very useful for science and inquiring minds want to know.

Some people go nuts trying to find those aluminum rims, too (I think they're ungodly ugly, but I'm keeping mine around for a dyno test when all my evil plans come together as they're WAY easier to get spinning than my heavy 18" chrome Chinese wheels.).

If I've absorbed some of BeeJay's info in his weight reduction threads the doors, hood and T-tops of the 80 should all be about as light as stock C3 doors, hoods, and t-tops come. The seats are sought after by owners of earlier C3's too as they've all got super heavy old-school seats, too.

I think you'll make a small mint parting this out, if you're lucky; I think this was a smart move on your part. The rear bumper also would be a good swap for anyone looking to get a slightly lower coefficient of drag as the integrated spoiler reduced drag vs the earlier optional add-on spoiler (like my 79 has).

If you were within driving distance I'd be pretty tempted to buy both doors and instantly save some weight vs. my 79 black on black on black's heavy fatty doors. (ESPECIALLY after reading BeeJay's door lightening thread.)

Adam
Old 07-11-2016, 11:21 AM
azchris
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

No, Nope, nada, sorry.

Anychance the headlights were converted from vacuum to electric? -If so, I call dibs on the parts and I'd be super interested. (I highly doubt this but always worth a chance.)

If it's got a shock tower bar installed, I'd also be interested in that. Aftermarket aluminum radiator, I'd also be interested in; electric fans with shroud also interested in.

Adam
Old 07-11-2016, 11:24 AM
azchris
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Yes, It does have the original radio hole in the cluster. I look for the lighter door and glove box tonight when I get home.

All the exhaust is gone. I'll check on the rear end.

How many miles does the TH350 have? (People are going to want to know, so you might as well post it to everyone.)

Any idea what rear-end is in the car? (The code stamped on it can easily be translated; assuming 355.)

If you went crazy parting it out, you could get more. Is the exhaust still intact, if so any details? -Assuming not if someone put a ZZ4 in it... (If it is there still may be some NHRS crazies or California-based folks who are looking for the smog exhaust; personally that someone would WANT the smog equipment blows my mind; I say GOOD RIDDANCE!)

Does the gauge cluster have a stock-style radio cut-out in it or a DIN1 modern radio cut-out? This I might actually be willing to pay for and ship.

I'd also be interested in the cigarette lighter door of the console and glove box door if you can send a picture of the outside and inside of each...

Adam
Old 07-11-2016, 03:11 PM
NewbVetteGuy
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by azchris
Yes, It does have the original radio hole in the cluster. I look for the lighter door and glove box tonight when I get home.

All the exhaust is gone. I'll check on the rear end.

Thanks; I was hoping for a 1DIN aftermarket gauge cluster; figured it was a long shot.

My the back of my glove box door got dissolved crusty stuff on it-looks like someone stored a battery in there or something.

Adam
Old 07-11-2016, 05:49 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Adam

Adam
As the OP stated in his first post, please contact him by PM regarding parts that are not listed. Parts for sale in a part out thread need to be listed with asking prices, thanks.
Old 11-25-2016, 01:26 PM
mmontano030
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Rim

Hi - how much would you take for one aluminum rim (one that doesn't have any nicks or gouges)?

Matt
Old 11-25-2016, 05:25 PM
Street Rat
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 529 Likes on 396 Posts

PM sent
Old 11-26-2016, 08:17 AM
mmontano030
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing received - would you mind sending reply to mmontano28@yahoo.com thank you
Old 11-26-2016, 09:31 AM
havesometo
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 58 Posts

PM sent
Old 11-26-2016, 10:39 AM
azchris
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Sorry, the rims are not for sale.

Chris

Originally Posted by mmontano030
Hi - how much would you take for one aluminum rim (one that doesn't have any nicks or gouges)?

Matt
Old 11-26-2016, 10:28 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Parts

Originally Posted by azchris
Sorry, the rims are not for sale.

Chris
PM sent
Old 11-29-2016, 08:47 AM
RevJaye
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks; I was hoping for a 1DIN aftermarket gauge cluster; figured it was a long shot.

My the back of my glove box door got dissolved crusty stuff on it-looks like someone stored a battery in there or something.

Adam
These are SUPER EASY to cut and make single din with a Dremal or jig saw and tape. Ive done this to 4-5 of the 77-82 bezels and about to do it to my latest 77 soon to install my new Alpine in it.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:26 AM
Street Rat
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 529 Likes on 396 Posts

PM sent.

Get notified of new replies

To Parting out 1980 with good body

Old 11-29-2016, 02:28 PM
nix1981
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 68 Posts

Does the gauge cluster have the clock or the oil temp? Pics? I'm also looking at replacing the console bezel too (auto with power windows). I'd be interested in both.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:13 PM
M Pete
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

It Probably doesn't have the cold air intake ducts does it? If it does I'm interested.
Old 12-03-2016, 02:59 PM
azchris
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Sorry, but I don't have those.

Originally Posted by M Pete
It Probably doesn't have the cold air intake ducts does it? If it does I'm interested.

Quick Reply: Parting out 1980 with good body