Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: 2 sets of black '70+ seats

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 10:47 AM
E.Murray
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default 3 sets of black '70+ seats

Somehow, I've ended up with 3 sets of black '70-ish seats for my '68... I'd like to get rid of 2 sets (or all 3 if I could find a set of nice black '68-69 seats close to me...). They are located in Springfield, MO. I have one big box that works perfectly for them, so if the buyer wants to pay shipping, I can do that for one set.
I have one set of tracks in decent shape. If you want the tracks, add $50 to the price.
Set one is in this post (leather seats in useable shape). Set two is in the next post (comfort weave with shoulder belt hole). Set three is further down (leather in good shape).
Set #1: Black leather in decent shape. No shoulder belt hole. One side bolster has some wear and 1/2" cut in seat. Other seat has some scrapes on lower part. Some corrosion on button (Willcox has replacements). Backs have small cracks around bolt holes, but are not bad. Chrome on the hinge is good. Good driver quality seats. $300

Last edited by E.Murray; 05-30-2017 at 10:31 AM.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:55 AM
E.Murray
Racer

Set #2: Black comfort weave with shoulder belt hole. One seat has a place that is pulled apart at the seam. A couple of broken backs I can include if you want them, but they aren't great. Some corrosion on the buttons and hinges. Fix the torn seam and add the back bezel for the shoulder belts and these would be good driver quality seats. Inside, these look clean. $250

Old 05-18-2017, 10:04 PM
E.Murray
Racer

I also have a third pair like #1 above that is extremely nice if somebody is looking. Not sure about selling them, but maybe...
Old 05-25-2017, 10:04 AM
E.Murray
Racer

Bump.

Last edited by E.Murray; 05-30-2017 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:59 AM
jimslaman
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Morning. Just checking if you still have these seats for sale. Can you coordinate shipping. I am in Miami, FL. I am most interested in the 3rd pair if you can part with them. My phone is 305-804-2444.
Thanks, Jim
Old 05-30-2017, 10:18 AM
E.Murray
Racer

Default Third pair

These are the seats I was planning to use. The backs and one bottom are out of a legitimate 7,500 mile car that was too rusty to save. Both upper sections look like new, with no visible wear. The backs are scratched (could use a coat of paint), but in good shape. A little corrosion on the release bezel (Willcox has replacements). Under the back cover, there was some deterioration where the leather attaches to the frame, so I put some plastic straps around them for safety. The upper pieces are in incredible original shape.
There is a specking of rust on the hinges which I haven't tried to clean up (see pic).
On the lower sections, both had some scrapes and pockmarks in the leather when I got them. I put the worse of the two with set #1 above and switched with the passenger's bottom section. So we have one bottom part that has some pockmarks in the leather, but is otherwise like new (a little rust underneath, though). The other bottom part has no tears, scrapes, or thin places, but is from a seat with more miles. Overall, these would be very nice seats for a third the price of fully restored ones. $500

Last edited by E.Murray; 05-30-2017 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:17 PM
E.Murray
Racer

Bump

Get notified of new replies

To 2 sets of black '70+ seats

Quick Reply: FS: 2 sets of black '70+ seats