Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: 1981 Emissions Equipment

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 01:30 AM
Bigben0828
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1981 Emissions Equipment

I'm looking for the emissions equipment from a 1981 automatic.

I was lucky to find a great deal on a corvette while stationed in Japan, however to get it back to the US, it needs to be in stock configuration. Unfortunately someone previously removed the emissions portion!

I have a few of the components, but most of the major workings were removed or blocked off (air pump, egr valve, intake, etc). They don't need to be in great condition, just enough to pass a visual inspection of being unmodified.

Thanks!
Old 06-16-2017, 10:37 PM
NewbVetteGuy
Melting Slicks

Received 332 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigben0828
I'm looking for the emissions equipment from a 1981 automatic.

I was lucky to find a great deal on a corvette while stationed in Japan, however to get it back to the US, it needs to be in stock configuration. Unfortunately someone previously removed the emissions portion!

I have a few of the components, but most of the major workings were removed or blocked off (air pump, egr valve, intake, etc). They don't need to be in great condition, just enough to pass a visual inspection of being unmodified.

Thanks!
I think I can get you every part you need; but I fear the shipping cost to Japan from Seattle.

I don't have cats, but air pump complete, egr valve stock manifolds, brackets, bolts, pulley: all here.

PM me. I've got a 79.

adam
Old 06-17-2017, 08:30 AM
Bigben0828
Cruising

Originally Posted by NewbVetteGuy
I think I can get you every part you need; but I fear the shipping cost to Japan from Seattle.

I don't have cats, but air pump complete, egr valve stock manifolds, brackets, bolts, pulley: all here.

PM me. I've got a 79.

adam
Thanks! I'll have to look into to see if the 79 and 81 emissions equipment. There may be some components that work, do you or anyone on the forum know how much they are compatible?

If they are - the shipping shouldn't be a problem. USPS ships to mil bases at their normal shipping rates.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:27 AM
cam68
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Pm'd you. I have a 1980 and a lot of the stuff.
Old 06-17-2017, 03:26 PM
72ls5fla
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I have exact parts for the 81

AIR Pump and all associated brackets, hose, clamps bolts etc...

AIR trees are welded to exhaust manifolds on 1981, already sold those..

I have a complete exhaust system front to back (y pipe, CAT , split pipe in rear and mufflers).
the small tube theta runs form the CAT up to the AIR tree is still welded on.

You can have it all for $500 plus shipping.
But I could not EVEN imaging what the shipping is.

I can palletize it and shrink wrap. You would just need to pay for all materials.

Assuming your are USAF
Maybe you can arrange shipping with MAC (or whatever the new acronym is..)
I can see if I can get special delivery access to Tyndall AFB and drop it off.

Bill

850-567-2994

Last edited by 72ls5fla; 06-17-2017 at 03:26 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:20 AM
Bigben0828
Cruising

Thanks for the replies!

To clarify, I have *most* of the parts from the intake manifold on for the 81 emissions system. The previous owner seems to have just unbolted the stuff that's easy to take off. The specific parts I'm missing are:

1) smog pump / hoses / solenoids - I have two 2-prong connectors that come from the computer wiring harness that attach on or around the AIR pump.

2) EGR and solenoids - again, I have two empty 2-prong connectors near the firewall that seem to connect to these solenoids.

3) Air cleaner with sensors.

Thanks everyone!
Old 06-20-2017, 10:52 PM
Simtech
Racer

Received 115 Likes on 69 Posts

Do you need a map sensor I have one with the bracket and whatever the relay next to it is.

Removed from fire wall and hanging down, not a good pic but the only one I have right now.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:38 AM
Bigben0828
Cruising

Originally Posted by Simtech
Do you need a map sensor I have one with the bracket and whatever the relay next to it is.

Removed from fire wall and hanging down, not a good pic but the only one I have right now.

I do have that MAP sensor, and it seems to be working fine (right now no trouble codes associated). Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To 1981 Emissions Equipment

Quick Reply: WTB: 1981 Emissions Equipment