Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: Need intake and valve covers

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 05:40 PM
truckerlary
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Need intake and valve covers

Bought a set of vortec heads to put on my 75 350. What I need now is a set of valve covers and an intake that will work on these heads. Thanks Larry
Old 06-19-2017, 08:59 PM
Robert Thomas
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

$50 shipped. From a 96 Corvette.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:30 PM
truckerlary
Racer

Originally Posted by Robert Thomas
$50 shipped. From a 96 Corvette.
These don't have anyway of hooking up my pcv valve. Thanks for the offer though.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:33 PM
Robert Thomas
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Old 06-26-2017, 10:02 AM
Red 69
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Would you be interested in a Edelbrock Air Gap intake for your engine? If yes, let me know and I will dig it out of my parts storage. It had never been mounted and is in the original box. The vortec manifold has higher ports to match the vortec head port for better air flow.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:41 PM
truckerlary
Racer

Originally Posted by Red 69
Would you be interested in a Edelbrock Air Gap intake for your engine? If yes, let me know and I will dig it out of my parts storage. It had never been mounted and is in the original box. The vortec manifold has higher ports to match the vortec head port for better air flow.
If I have my facts right that is a square bore mounting surface for the carb. I am wanting to mount my quadrajet on this set-up. Would need to know how high the mounting base is from the bottom of manifold to determine if I'd have enough room between air cleaner and hood if I had to use a spacer. PM me your asking price so I can have an idea of the cost if I can make this work. Thanks Larry
Old 06-26-2017, 07:57 PM
Red 69
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Yes, it mates to a square bore carb, but adapters are available. I can't say off-hand what the difference in is in height, but in most cases it will clear a stock hood with carb and AC on top. If you need an adapter to make it work with a spread bore carb, the adapter is another 3/4 inch and needs to be considered.
I'm not having much luck posting links to the manifold and adapters, but you can do your own search and find the 7516 manifold PN at Edelbrock.
http://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/...k1MaAluz8P8HAQ
The combination of intake and adapter would likely put you over what your stock hood would clear, using a stock air cleaner. There are other options that might help. You might also call Edelbrocks tech line and ask them 800-345-4545. They may still have a red 78 model with their parts on it. If it doesn't fit under your hood, too bad, the Air Gap is an awesome intake for a vortec head setup, especially if you want to machine the heads to take a higher lift cam and do some port work.Let me know if you want to try and use it, but first do a search on the forum and talk with guys/or gals :-) who have already done this. See the adapters here:
https://www.summitracing.com/search/...ypes-_-keyword

Last edited by Red 69; 06-26-2017 at 08:09 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Need intake and valve covers

Quick Reply: WTB: Need intake and valve covers