Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: 69' Front Cross Member

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 03:49 PM
nix1981
Burning Brakes

Received 112 Likes on 68 Posts
Default 69' Front Cross Member

I'm looking for a front cross member for a 69' thats in good condition - bolts to the horseshoe/core support. If anyone has one thats clean let me know - mines toast and needs replaced. PM me details and pics.

Thanks,

Nick
Old 01-08-2018, 12:13 PM
69Vett
Safety Car

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Corvette of the Year Winner 2017
2016 C3 of Year Finalist

these are being reproduced, found one on ebay about 1 year ago.
prefect fit.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:06 PM
AllC34Me

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I used one I bought from Paragon Corvette Reproductions for my 72 road race replica. It cost me $175.00 plus shipping and it fit perfectly. Same one use for 69-72. Other suppliers probably have them as well. I know I saw them listed on Willcox Corvette; Zip Corvette; and Corvette Central as well. I would look for a discount from one of them to get the best price.

Hope this helps.

David
Old 01-11-2018, 12:50 PM
0Corvettes by George
Former Vendor

Received 152 Likes on 101 Posts

I have a nice original—-$125.00 plus the trip.
George
geopar@gvtc.com
210-748-4693
Old 01-11-2018, 06:42 PM
ed427vette
Melting Slicks

Received 657 Likes on 468 Posts

The repros are pretty nice. I have one. But they are NOT exactly like the originals up to at least March of 69, if that is important to you. Very minor differences. The one I took out of my car was for a car made before March but I checked out a March 69 car and it had the same details as mine. At some point they might have changed some small details on the crossmember during 69 in which the repro would be correct.

On my original front crossmember there were some extra holes that were threaded for possibly some brackets that they decided not to put into production. Or maybe they were used earlier in production, not sure. I think there were some other very small details in the shape but nothing that would affect its function. The powder coating they use on the repro is a little shiny but its a nice piece if you don't need a perfect correct original which most people would not care about.
Old 01-11-2018, 08:20 PM
nix1981
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ed427vette
The repros are pretty nice. I have one. But they are NOT exactly like the originals up to at least March of 69, if that is important to you. Very minor differences. The one I took out of my car was for a car made before March but I checked out a March 69 car and it had the same details as mine. At some point they might have changed some small details on the crossmember during 69 in which the repro would be correct.

On my original front crossmember there were some extra holes that were threaded for possibly some brackets that they decided not to put into production. Or maybe they were used earlier in production, not sure. I think there were some other very small details in the shape but nothing that would affect its function. The powder coating they use on the repro is a little shiny but its a nice piece if you don't need a perfect correct original which most people would not care about.
Not a big deal at all. I have an early 69 (10/68), so I'm guessing it's a bit different than the OE. Honestly as long is it bolts up correctly and I don't have to fight with it or anything like that. I'll likely buy something new. A few shops have some restored OE for about the same price, so I might go that route, but I suppose it's still the same problem if its an OE post 3/69 (or when ever an update/change was made). Curious about the extra holes though.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:23 PM
ed427vette
Melting Slicks

Received 657 Likes on 468 Posts

Originally Posted by nix1981
Not a big deal at all. I have an early 69 (10/68), so I'm guessing it's a bit different than the OE. Honestly as long is it bolts up correctly and I don't have to fight with it or anything like that. I'll likely buy something new. A few shops have some restored OE for about the same price, so I might go that route, but I suppose it's still the same problem if its an OE post 3/69 (or when ever an update/change was made). Curious about the extra holes though.
It will bolt up just fine.

I was very curious about the extra holes too. In fact, I was already half way disassembled when I bought the new crossmember. When I got it and put it next to the original I got very nervous as I didnt remember what went in the extra holes. Couldn't remember how exactly it came out. So I figured I was screwed. Didnt see anything in the AIM. But when I went back over the pics I took of the dissassembly I saw that they were not connected to anything.

I'll try to find my pics I took of the comparison of the two parts. Either way, the new ones are nice and if you want original George above can help you out.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:56 AM
phrogs
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Whats the difference on one from a 68 to 69 and up?

I have one from a 68 Im not very versed in the C3s yet so I don't know all the differences.
Old 01-16-2018, 06:20 AM
nix1981
Burning Brakes

Im not sure. Send some pics to my email nix9402@aol.com

Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To 69' Front Cross Member

Quick Reply: WTB: 69' Front Cross Member