Notices
C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted C3 Corvette Performance Parts, Rare NOS and NLA Chevy Parts, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements, Aftermarket
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: Blue Comfort Grip Steering Wheel

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 06:08 PM
richopp
Burning Brakes

Received 178 Likes on 125 Posts
Default Blue Comfort Grip Steering Wheel

Hi,

Anyone have a blue "comfort grip" steering wheel ('69-'72) where there is some "comfort" left? As they tended to harden-up and get "slick" for some reason, would like to find one that is still somewhat near its original feel.

Cheers,

Richard

Someone posted that all the Corvette wheels from that era were black; for some reason I thought the '71 I bought new had a blue one to match the interior. I was also buying Buicks back then and may have confused this as Buicks had color-matched sport wheels (comfort grip) back then. If so, sorry for the error. If you have a still-"comfortable" black one that would be fine as well. They tend to get hard and "slimy" for some reason over time.

Last edited by richopp; 11-01-2018 at 08:45 AM.
Old 11-04-2018, 07:59 PM
firstgenaddict
Burning Brakes

Received 370 Likes on 230 Posts

Buicks and Oldsmobiles had color keyed comfort grip wheels unfortunately, however Corvettes did not.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:01 PM
richopp
Burning Brakes

Received 178 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by firstgenaddict
Buicks and Oldsmobiles had color keyed comfort grip wheels unfortunately, however Corvettes did not.
Yeah, found that out. Just seems to me that my '71 had a blue wheel, but I don't remember--it was 47 years ago and not really something I was focused on back then. I always had Buicks as well, so probably just got them mixed up. My bad!

Get notified of new replies

To Blue Comfort Grip Steering Wheel

Quick Reply: WTB: Blue Comfort Grip Steering Wheel