C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C3 - Door Replacement Glass Installation?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 03:15 PM
etech152
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default C3 - Door Replacement Glass Installation?

Is it hard to install the Glass in the Passenger and driver's side doors? I know I'll have to remove the door panels and old glass. I also have all new weatherstripping that rubs up against the glass.

Reason I ask is, My 69 Corvette Convertible is being currently repainted. I have ordered all new "correct" RPO# A01 Soft-Ray tinted Glass with the Astrovent Signature on it. (to keep car original and correct) Windsheild is being installed at the paint shop, so I'll not have to bother with that. However the side glass I'll have to do or take to a good glass shop (which I'll probably end up doing).

Auto City Glass (the direct source of 90% of Corvette Replacement Glass) Has the "correct" dated Passenger-side glass in-stock and I'll have it this week along with the new "correct" dated windsheild. However, The Driver's-side is on back-order for 3-4 Months (maybe longer).

My plans are to possibly go ahead and have the passenger-side Door glass installed by the same folks who'll do the windshield. (Paint shop will sub-out a good Professional glass installer to do the glass during paint process).

So, I'll be left waiting on a "correct" matching-dated Driver's-side Door Glass for possibly several Months. And in so, wondering possibly how difficult it would be to self-install if I were to choose to do so when that last piece of glass arrives?

Old 02-07-2005, 02:43 AM
c3 in hawaii
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it is fairly easy, just did my glass on passenger side of my 78, there is a couple of bolts that hold it to the track, then you have to remove the stoppers from the track guides, then pull window out from door, you may have to remove the anti-rattle clips to make clearance. installation is in reverse, make sure to adjust the stoppers to original position or the window may go too high when door is open and hit the top when closed.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:39 AM
gotchashawn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's easy, you'll be glad you did'nt pay $ to have it done.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:12 AM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

Not a problem at all. I had mine out to clean up the window tracks. I should replace the glass also. Mine is pretty bad, lots of scratches.

Get notified of new replies

To C3 - Door Replacement Glass Installation?

Quick Reply: C3 - Door Replacement Glass Installation?