C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 06:28 PM
Older Than Dirt
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Fuel Delivery

Well it's time to replace the old wore out stock 81 fuel pump. I have a new speed demon and aluminum fuel log I want to install. I have done a lot of internet searches on fuel systems and pretty much all of them agree that the best way is to utilize the return line. Problem is the return line is 1/4" and the supply line is 5/16" which according to these sites are to small to use higher pressure and GPH rated pumps. They all recommend using 3/8" or 1/2" supply and return lines. I'm not too gung-ho about changing out my lines. I also realize the simplest and cheapest way is to just replace with a stock pump but I don't always go this route. Right now I'm running a 430hp with a Rod 6 and am planning on up grading this hp number before long . My thoughts are to use a higher electric or mechanical GPH pump with a bypass pressure regulator located at the rear of the fuel log with the return line hooked to the bypass port. What are my options using the stock lines with a dead head system, would I have any problems? Any and all comments appreciated.

Quick Reply: Fuel Delivery