C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tru-Flex Fit Not Even Close-HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 02:04 AM
77TSi-meez
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iree75
I used an Ecklers flex cover on the front of my 75 and it fit perfectly. But maybe I'm just lucky. -Frank
need more
experts to chime in
Old 04-29-2005, 02:28 AM
codestar7
Burning Brakes

Default Bumper covers

I ordered a glass bumper cover with the "one piece" fron end for my 73 and they both fit like a champ........another lucky one I suppose, or not...
Old 04-29-2005, 02:55 AM
c3 in hawaii
Pro

Originally Posted by kens 80
I went to Ecklers in Florida last year and was told by there sales manager that they make their own flex fit from the original molds as they are the authorized GM manufacturer of the urethane bumpers. Anybody have anything on this?
I used the eckler's flex-fit for the rear on my '78... fit pretty well, just a slight issue on shaping the sides were I guess the mold was made..but it lined up well with no manipulating..
Old 04-29-2005, 12:17 PM
79blue
Advanced

Same here mine was to small. Had to fill to match the fenders.Downer is cant remove once repaired.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:37 PM
jdmick
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

UPDATE: Just got back from the body shop. It looks like we're going to be able to use the front bumper after lots of work. The top and bottom were matched up with some manipulation. He says "it'll be OK if it doesn't break" from speading it apart. The ends are another story. He's been glassing and bending it to get it to come out right. At least he didn't have to cut it into pieces like some of you have had to do. He's also had to glass the body to make the bumper and body line up front to back without a big gap. Right now he's got everything held together with about 10 bar clamps. After everything fits like it should he'll put the mounting brackets on and go to the rear bumper. Fortunately it looks like that one should fit much better. The good part for me (bad for him) was I had him include bumper installation as part of the paint job price . He's a pretty young guy that does great work but something tells me this may have been his first encounter with Vette bumpers .
Old 03-13-2013, 08:07 AM
jons
Navigator

I just tried to install a Toledo Tru Flex bumper on my 1979 vet. It also wasnt close to fitting like the original. I plan to cut it on either side of the center liscense plate area to make it fit then re-glass the sections together. I don't understand why they are too short. I also ordered the 1980 style Tru Flex rear bumper and I hope it fits better the the front.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:59 AM
WHITE 1974
Instructor

You are probably right about him being a bit of a Corvette novice,when I had my true flex done the shop I used has been doing this for 25 years plus.He said that the back was easy and the front was a pain,they usually are as they were fitted first at the factory and then everything else lined up accordingly.I paid 1600.00 labour for front and back and he matched the colour perfectly it was expensive but worth it I personally could not have done it his turn around time was about a week.Cheers and good luck

Quick Reply: Tru-Flex Fit Not Even Close-HELP