C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spal part numbers? Dual 11" fans?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 03:10 AM
ACECO
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04 & '05

Are these the same fans???

eBay link

Old 06-15-2005, 08:21 PM
0Tom@Dewitt
Former Vendor

Received 627 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordonm
Can you tell us more about this module. Does it just tie into the sending unit wire and tell the module when to turn the fans on/off. What is the cost. I did not see it on the website.
It's not on there yet but it's part number PWM and it cost $65. The module can control one fan all by itself, which means it has a built in relay. You tap off the stock temp sending unit and run this into the control. It uses the analog signal to sense temperature and you set the on/off points. If you have two fans (ie duals spals) then you have to purchase one additional relay/harness ($31) and that's it. What's the best feature of this thing is you don't have to find a place to install a switch!
Old 06-15-2005, 08:25 PM
0Tom@Dewitt
Former Vendor

Received 627 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by SanDiegoPaul
Tom, you quoted me $395.00!
That's right, and if you read a couple posted above I said "this is for the fans only" not the complete kit which is $395
Old 06-15-2005, 08:30 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom DeWitt
It's not on there yet but it's part number PWM and it cost $65. The module can control one fan all by itself, which means it has a built in relay. You tap off the stock temp sending unit and run this into the control. It uses the analog signal to sense temperature and you set the on/off points. If you have two fans (ie duals spals) then you have to purchase one additional relay/harness ($31) and that's it. What's the best feature of this thing is you don't have to find a place to install a switch!
That sounds like the hot setup to me. Anybody need a brand new relay and 185/160 sender. To bad I just wired this all in but I can change that.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:23 PM
Brettmc
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's right, and if you read a couple posted above I said "this is for the fans only" not the complete kit which is $395
Pony up for the complete kit....it makes the install painless. You could wait for a group purchase like I did. I think I got mine for ~$348.

Brett
Old 06-16-2005, 09:42 AM
pws69
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 30 Posts

Tom,

Do you have any documents available yet we can download or look at? Also, would you tell us how this new module (PWM) can be incorporated into one of your previous Dual Spal / Dual relay setups (that I STILL haven't insstalled in my car yet!!)?

Thanks,
Paul
Old 06-16-2005, 07:37 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by pws69
Tom,

Do you have any documents available yet we can download or look at? Also, would you tell us how this new module (PWM) can be incorporated into one of your previous Dual Spal / Dual relay setups (that I STILL haven't insstalled in my car yet!!)?

Thanks,
Paul
It sure looks like it will. If you are running the dual Spal setup you will need one of the relays and the new module. I am running a single fan and should be able to run without the relay that I have. Reread his post on this and you will understand it better. I like the adjustability of it and you can run off the existing sender.

Quick Reply: Spal part numbers? Dual 11" fans?