C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford 9 inch rear

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 11:30 AM
panchop
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ford 9 inch rear

need to learn as much as possible. working on the backhalf now going to have to get a housing soon to finish fitting it all in the 75 shark
Old 06-16-2005, 12:16 PM
gerry72
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

I don't know what it is you need to learn but there are a lot of good sources out there, like Randy's Ring and Pinion, for the technical and setup stuff. If you're looking to understand the different 9" parts, then you might try this site: http://www.kevinstang.com/Ninecase.htm

I'm running a Strange aluminum housing with a Detroit Locker 31-spline case and alloy axles in my Fairlane so I'm not completely unfamiliar with them.
Old 06-16-2005, 12:32 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Originally Posted by panchop
need to learn as much as possible. working on the backhalf now going to have to get a housing soon to finish fitting it all in the 75 shark
Hey, let us (the guys in Arizona) know when you are going to start working on this. Not only can some of use lend an hand, but a few of us may be interested in this project.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:35 PM
panchop
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no problem, i have mocked up the new rear subframe and will be tacking it together this weekend. soon after that it will be time to strip the frame and start cutting. will be looking for any extra hands by then.
thanks
greg

Get notified of new replies

To Ford 9 inch rear

Quick Reply: Ford 9 inch rear