C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Willwood Brake Install

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 08:21 PM
johnyrundle
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Willwood Brake Install

Whats up guys. Im giving a breath of new life to my 79... the works. A new zz 383 with march serpintine pullies, all chrome accessories, hooker headers and sidepipes!! I know I have no pics Ill post some soon. Any ways, I have a set of willwood disk brakes on the way, from master cylinder to 13" disks and 4 piston calipers. I've heard that its pretty simple to swap over and Ive heard its a pig also. I want to know if anyone has upgraded their brakes and if it was a simple swap, and if there is anything I need to know in advance. Thanks in advance!!
Old 10-17-2005, 08:33 PM
Jay M
Drifting

Did you order a kit somewhere? I think you need adapters for the different calipers.

I want to do the same thing, but I don't race so it would be a huge amount of money to spend for me on a street car. But I do think I'd feel the difference in unsprung weight.

Please keep us posted with your experience installing them.

~Jay
Old 10-17-2005, 08:38 PM
turtlevette
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03,'11

Originally Posted by johnyrundle
Whats up guys. Im giving a breath of new life to my 79... the works. A new zz 383 with march serpintine pullies, all chrome accessories, hooker headers and sidepipes!! I know I have no pics Ill post some soon. Any ways, I have a set of willwood disk brakes on the way, from master cylinder to 13" disks and 4 piston calipers. I've heard that its pretty simple to swap over and Ive heard its a pig also. I want to know if anyone has upgraded their brakes and if it was a simple swap, and if there is anything I need to know in advance. Thanks in advance!!

where did you get the wilwood kit?
Old 10-17-2005, 08:40 PM
johnyrundle
Advanced

I got the kit direct from them, Ill send you the number and or email later on if you want
Old 10-17-2005, 09:04 PM
427V8
C6 the C5 of tomorrow
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well it looks like I'm either out of business or you bought a C4 kit??

Nah, I'll still be 1/2 the cost...
Old 10-17-2005, 09:06 PM
C3 Stroker
Safety Car

Received 618 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by johnyrundle
I have just upgraded my '69 to Wilwoods (complete system, as you are planning). Got mine from Precision Brakes, so all brackets, etc. were included. It truly was a bolt-on system, I just needed to get one fitting for the rear braided hose. The hardest part of the swap was getting the OLD EXISTING BOLTS LOOSE !!!.......use a large breaker bar, air ratchet if available, PB Blaster, line wrenches, and patience.

Get notified of new replies

To Willwood Brake Install

Quick Reply: Willwood Brake Install