C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Belt Installation

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2001, 07:09 PM
JimBRO
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Belt Installation

I now respect the mechanical abilities in all you guys and gals. Power Steering belt broke. All the belts came off in a blind rage. I buy all new belts (p/s, alternator and A/c). They all look like the ones I had on the car. I can't figure how to get them back on. The alternator belt goes over the fan and around the pulley on the fan. Can't...too close to the pulley's below. What the he** is that. Is that a harmonic balancer and do I need to loosen to install the belts. DAMN, my '74 Nova was much easier or I had much more patience in my younger days. The Haynes manual does not explain much, so if I can't figure this out and I lose time in the sun with the top down, the GOODYEAR people are going to get my business. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jim
Old 08-03-2001, 07:42 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Default Re: Belt Installation (JimBRO)

You do not loosen the lower pulley or harmonic dampner.

What belt driven accessories do you have on the car?
Alternator, a/c, power steering, air pump?

The alternator, the a/c, power steering and air pump can all be loosened to install the belt, then you move them back into position and tighten them down to hold them in place.

Quick Reply: Belt Installation