C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

drag tires..which are best?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2001, 03:23 AM
LT1driver
Le Mans Master

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Default drag tires..which are best?

What tire do you use for strip? M/T ET Streets, or ET Drags, BFG drag radials, what are your experiences?
Old 08-08-2001, 07:52 AM
Sleper
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: drag tires..which are best? (LT1driver)

I use BFG's and am quite pleased with thier performance. They are very sticky. They will pick up lots of gravel when hot. Do not know how they perform in the rain or how they will last. :cheers:
Old 08-08-2001, 09:01 AM
PBJ
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: drag tires..which are best? (Sleper)

LT1driver,
I use Hoosier slicks on my corvette, and I have no complaints. I use BFG Drag Radials on my T/A ,and I am not very pleased. I think they hook better than a street tire and a little better than Nitto's, but they suck in the rain. I will say the Nitto's drive ok in the rain. With a stock LT1 the BFG's will help , but they are not slicks in any way. One advantage to a small amount of tire spin is that you lower the risk of breaking parts ... that is always a plus on a collectible car like your own. Hope that helps.
Later,
Joe
Old 08-08-2001, 04:49 PM
nastee383
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: drag tires..which are best? (PBJ)

I have BFG's 275/50/15's. I only use them when I race. Can't compare them to others but I have gotten a 1.54 60' before and I've also had them spin like crazy off the line. They are worthless in the rain and they won't last long in daily use, but I didn't buy them as my primary tires.

Get notified of new replies

To drag tires..which are best?

Quick Reply: drag tires..which are best?