C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake light is stuck on

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2001, 06:38 PM
vettepowA
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake light is stuck on

My brake light wont go off. The brake isn't on, trust me i tried this already, i don't know what to do. not a big deal but it bugs me. I have an 80 by the way. Thanks in advance. :spam Wow look at this cool guy!
Old 08-10-2001, 07:36 PM
woodworkr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Brake light is stuck on (vettepowA)

By brake light I am assuming that you mean the light on the dash and not that the rear brake lights are always on. Either way it may be a simple adjustment of the switch. For the emergency brake light I believe that the switch is located under the consoul between the seats. I also think that when the plunger is depressed the light is off when the plunger is out the light is on. What is probably happening is that the switch moved and when you release the emergency brake handle there is not enough travel to depress the plunger on the switch, so the light stays on.
That's where I would start
JoeB
Old 08-10-2001, 07:50 PM
dath
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The brake light will come on when half of your brake system is not working properly. Make sure that both your front and rear brakes are working and that you don't have any leaks or air in the lines. It could be a really big deal if you try to stop and only half of your system is working. I nearly creamed someone when this happened to me. :eek:

-dath
Old 08-10-2001, 11:49 PM
Gerry
Racer

If you are referring to the brake light in the console, then you're brakes probably need to be bleed. I had the same annoying problem. I thought something was wrong with the parking brake. But after reading that the pressure balance valve (or whatever it's called) detects an imbalance, it will turn on the light. I had to bleed them twice before the problem went away, but I've been trouble free for over 2 years.
Old 08-11-2001, 04:52 PM
Golden80
Race Director

Default Re: Brake light is stuck on (Gerry)

Ditto on the bleeding brakes. Mine would turn on and the pedal was too soft. I bled em twice and haven't had the light come on since. Next brake related thing I'm facing is getting the E-brake back to full working order. Not looking forward to that because I've heard it's tough.

Matt

Get notified of new replies

To Brake light is stuck on

Quick Reply: Brake light is stuck on