C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Unofficial - "Official" C3 Who's going to Carlisle Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2001, 12:44 PM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default The Unofficial - "Official" C3 Who's going to Carlisle Thread

You aren't going to miss Carlisle again this year, are you??? It's right around the corner you know!

I'd like to set up a plan so we can all meet and have a little fun while we are there. Heres what I propose...

I'll be arriving int the Carlisle area on Thursday Night because I'm going small mouth bass fishing on Friday moring with IndyPace78. We'll be back on Friday by about 1:30 or so on Friday, then Checking into the Hampton inn.

Friday Night... How about we all gather at the Hampton Inn (it's pretty Centralized) and grill up some Burgers, Dogs and maybe some Chicken in the parking lot? We can pick up a couple of those cheapo propane camping grills and set them up right there in the parking lot, bring a cooler of beer (or your favorite beverage) and make a time of it. Hopefully it will be cool and just an easy going good time where we can all put faces to the screen names! We can all pick up our own food, and of course some of us will have to bring grills (I already have 2), but it should be a cheap, fun time. Say 6pm??? Mayeb 7pm???

If its Early enough, and enough people are interested maybe we can get in some go cart racing!!! That is, if we want to. Last year The track was open till midnight, and we could possiably book time in advance.

Saturday... I'll be at Carlisle all day. I believe the plan is (if it's not lets make it so!) for all the Forum members to meet at the Corvette Forum Banner at noon, near/or in the Zip Products tent on the fun feild. Don't forget... Saturday afternoon is the Bikini Contest... last year a bunch of us sat together and had a great time!!! It's clean and even the women with us last year enjoyed it!

Saturday Night.... there are a couple of fun things going on. The Corvette Parade is a great time. But afterwards, maybe we canget in a little more go-cart track time (I couldnt get enough last year!) if you all are up for it?

Sunday... I might make it to the show early, but I will be out of there by about 1 o'clock. (I have my fantasy football draft to attend) As will many people, so it's a good day to scour the parts corrral and pick up all those last minute parts for all of our projects!

What do you folks think??? Are you up for it???

So answer these Questions....

Friday night - are you in for the Cook out?
if so, Can you bring one of those little Propane Grills??? (you can pick them up at a Walmart or Home Depot for under 20 bucks!)

Saturday - Want to meet at the Banner? Howabout the Miss Carlisle Contest? What about the Parade? Go Carts???

Let's put together a loose plan so we can all finally meet!

Tell me what your thought are!!!! :smash: :D

This will be posted in the C4 and C5 sections buy RexRuby and IndyPace78 so hopefully we can get a good turnout!!! See you all there!

Mike
Old 08-15-2001, 01:20 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Re: The Unofficial - "Official" C3 Who's going to Carlisle Thread (Mike69)

My plan is to go up Thursday evening, and be at the fairgrounds early Friday morning. I am staying at the Camp Hill Radisson

Friday night sounds great - especially since I am not staying at the Hampton Inn!! Do you think hotel management will tolerate a barbecue in their parking lot?? grill? grill? maybe....

I may have to leave Saturday evening.... MJ
Old 08-15-2001, 01:36 PM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: The Unofficial - "Official" C3 Who's going to Carlisle Thread (MNJack)

Glad to hear it Mark!

I dont think the hotel will mind as long as we are away from the building and nothing gets out of hand. The Hampton isnt a full service hotel, so they shouldnt care if we hang out. I know someother folks did it last year while I drove through there looking for someone. :cool:
Old 08-15-2001, 01:48 PM
69er
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: The Unofficial - "Official" C3 Who's going to Carlisle Thread (Mike69)

We'll be at Carlisle with NJ74Stingray(Frank) on Fri morning.
Will talk to Frank but I'm sure he and the wives would love to stop by and say hello Friday night.
Maybe Go Kart on Saturday.
Old 08-15-2001, 01:56 PM
82-Guy
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: The Unofficial - "Official" C3 Who's going to Carlisle Thread (69er)

I'll pull into Carlisle late Thursday night and try to stop by sometime Friday night.

-Guy
Old 08-15-2001, 03:20 PM
Rex Ruby
Le Mans Master

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts
Philly 'Burbs Events Coordinator

Default Re: The Unofficial - "Official" C3 Who's going to Carlisle Thread (82-Guy)

Hey Guys It's Mike69 Under Rex's Screen Name (I'm over here playing with the cars!)

Sounds good so far... looks as though we have 5 or 6 C4 guys and at least a couple of C5's right now....(more C5's if IndyPace78 would make his post!!!!)

Let's make it a good turn out! Lookforward to meeting you guys!!!
Old 08-15-2001, 04:15 PM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

I'm not 100% sure about plans yet. But I'll definately be around! I might have my daughter with me Friday - not sure yet. So schedules will depend on that factor. My husband will be joining us Saturday so that might be easier. At any rate there's a 2pm Sat '70 Registry get-togeter at the Zip/Forum tent. :D Hmmm, wonder if the bikini contest will interfere with that? :crazy:
Old 08-15-2001, 05:11 PM
427V8
C6 the C5 of tomorrow
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK stupid question,

Where is it?
Old 08-15-2001, 05:14 PM
70PurpleLS7
Burning Brakes

I took off Thursday and Friday, Thursday will probably be my day to shakedown the car, but I'll be just down the road Friday and Saturday I'll be down at the show for sure.
Old 08-15-2001, 06:06 PM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: The Unofficial - "Official" C3 Who's going to Carlisle Thread (70PurpleLS7)

ill be there saturday bright and early when the gates open up..... :chevy
Old 08-15-2001, 06:22 PM
pabarny
Racer

Default Re: The Unofficial - "Official" C3 Who's going to Carlisle Thread (pats406nitrovette)

Count me in for the friday night deal. Stop by the CVCC canopy any time over the weekend. We are at the registration for the NCCC show. And register for the NCCC Rallye we are hosting Sunday morning.
Old 08-15-2001, 08:33 PM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 381 Likes on 267 Posts

Mike, Sounds good I will be at the BBQ if I am off the grounds buy then, Half the time when I leave some of the Vendors are already closed :confused:

Go Carst sounds great I am up for that for sure!

People from out of state remember If you like to drink, it is REAL HARD to find anything in Carlilse/Middlesex, well besides at the BBQ (bar)

Tom McCabe
Old 08-15-2001, 09:10 PM
Flareside
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good idea Mike! I'll be there with my wife on Friday night. I even have one of those little black camping grills.

I'm staying at the Quality Inn (same as 69er) in Enola.

-Joe
Old 08-15-2001, 10:44 PM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

Default Re: The Unofficial - "Official" C3 Who's going to Carlisle Thread (pabarny)

And register for the NCCC Rallye we are hosting Sunday morning.
I registered for NCRS fun display - how do I register for the NCCC rallye? I'm a NCCC member too ~ Corvette Annapolis.
Old 08-15-2001, 11:10 PM
69L71
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm gonna be a fixture up there from Thursday on. I'll have at least one car and I'll be helping Tony's Corvette Shop with their set up and sales. Mike, get with me off line and I'll make sure you have my cell number.

You know me, I'm in for whatever. Just stay out of my way on the go cart track!
Old 08-15-2001, 11:25 PM
JCL
Burning Brakes

Default Re: The Unofficial - "Official" C3 Who's going to Carlisle Thread (69L71)

MIKE 69. COUNT ME AND MY WIFE IN. GIVE ME DIRECTIONS ON WHERE YOUR GOING TO MEET. WE'RE STAYING AT THE BEST WESTERN JUST ACROSS THE RIVER IN HARRISBURG. FIRST TIME AT CARLISLE SO IT SHOULD BE FUN. E-MAIL ME OFF LINE AND I'LL GIVE YOU MY CELL #. WILL BE THER THUR. AFTERNOON. THANKS, JCL :cool: :chevy
Old 08-16-2001, 12:05 AM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: The Unofficial - "Official" C3 Who's going to Carlisle Thread (JCL)

Wow looks like we should have a great time! I figure we are up to about 25+ people so far, and I'm sure ther will be more!

JCL and Chris - I'll shoot you guys and email with my numbers tomorrow night.

Sooooo come on! who else is comming??? :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To The Unofficial - "Official" C3 Who's going to Carlisle Thread

Old 08-16-2001, 12:37 AM
fireball
Racer

I'll be arriving Friday morning and staying all weekend so I'll keep an eye out for everyone. Hmmmm... how much beer can I get in the back of the vette?!?!?!?!! :cheers:
Old 08-16-2001, 09:07 AM
YO-EL
Race Director

Received 869 Likes on 434 Posts

Default Re: The Unofficial -

OK... The Hampton Inn is at PA TPK EXIT 16 CARLISLE.... Just go LEFT after the toll, its 1/2 a block down on the LEFT HAND SIDE.. CAN'T MISS IT. Bring a bathing suit too. Great indoor pool &
Ellis

Last edited by YO-EL; 05-05-2023 at 02:12 PM.
Old 08-16-2001, 09:09 AM
82-Guy
Pro

Default Re: The Unofficial - "Official" C3 Who's going to Carlisle Thread (sting66ray)

Is Carlisle dry or just not that many places to go to or buy from?

TIA -Guy

Quick Reply: The Unofficial - "Official" C3 Who's going to Carlisle Thread