C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RE: LOST OR STOLEN 71 CORVETTE 454 HAS BEEN FOUND!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2001, 01:32 PM
mboterashv
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: LOST OR STOLEN 71 CORVETTE 454 HAS BEEN FOUND!

Hello to all Forum members.
This is the seller of the 1971 Corvette 454 that "Tworottiedogs" dealt with. Some of you may remember the original post that this person posted on the Forum, and I am now creating a new topic since I have a few things I feel the need to say in my defense.

I would like to add the following:

1) VEHICLE IS NOT LOST OR STOLEN. There was a mixup with the shipping people, which held the car for 2 weeks not knowing where to deliver it. Through my efforts, I have contacted them and settled everything. Vehicle is now in the buyer's possession. ANYONE DOUBTING WHAT I AM WRITING IS FREE TO E-MAIL ME AND I WILL PROVIDE DOCUMENTED PROOF OF THIS FROM THE SHIPPING COMPANY.

2) tworottiedogs is REFUSING to offer any sort of apology for publicly insulting me on this forum and writing slanderous, unfounded, and at times VULGAR remarks about me. He now has the vehicle in his possession and is still complaining, threatening to sue me for something else now. ANYONE NOT BELIEVING ME CAN E-MAIL ME AND I WILL FORWARD HIS MESSAGE SO YOU CAN READ FOR YOURSELF.

3) I have been very straightforward and honest with the buyer. I encouraged him to come and view the vehicle himself, as I do with all my other vehicles online, as I feel that is the best way to judge a car's condition. I take a lot of time to write as much as I know about these vehicles I sell, this way the buyer has a more information to determine the actual condition of the vehicle.

4) Because of the "tworottiedogs" i have had people badmouth me and write all sorts of untrue facts about me and my practices, without hearing all the facts of the situation. The fact of the matter is that we live in a world where mixups happen, and they do happen often. This does not give anybody a reason to jump on somebody a few days after a deal is complete.

5) I have offered as much help as I could about this entire situation to the buyer, and all I received was slaps in my face. A LOT OF YOU HAVE ALSO POSTED LOTS OF THINGS ABOUT ME THAT ARE UNTRUE. ALL I ASK IS THAT YOU FIRST CONSIDER ALL THE FACTS FROM BOTH PEOPLE IN THE ARGUMENT AND THEN MAKE A BETTER INFORMED DECISION.

6) tworottiedogs has been e-mailing many other potential bidders in my auctions THROUGHOUT ALL THIS TIME and has caused at least 2 known instances to back out of their bids and perhaps the entire deals.

I ASK FROM ALL OF YOU FORUM READERS AND MEMBERS THIS:

A. If you still don't believe me about anything I said, by all means e-mail me and I will gladly explain my side of the story.

b. tworottiedogs should understand that the situation has been resolved and should publicly apologise to me on this forum and to all people he has e-mailed providing false and unfounded information about me.

c. BEFORE SOME OF YOU MAKE DECISIONS TO POST A REPLY, PLEASE ANALYZE ALL INFORMATION FROM BOTH PARTIES.

D. IF ANYONE STILL THINKS I'M A "CROOK" OR "CORRUPT CAR DEALER" AS SOME OF YOU HAVE SAID, BY ALL MEANS COME DOWN AND MEET WITH ME, SEE MY CARS, AND WE CAN TALK ABOUT ALL THIS IN AN HONEST AND CIVILIZED WAY LIKE HUMAN BEINGS, NOT DOGS TRYING TO RIP EACH OTHER'S FLESH OUT.

That is all i have to say and I would hope that tworottiedogs can understand one thing: don't always assume the worst, because it's not always the case. Believe it or not, not all car dealers are crooks or degenerates trying to screw people out of an honest buck.

Thank you all for your understanding in this.
Old 08-30-2001, 02:00 PM
ddn
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: LOST OR STOLEN 71 CORVETTE 454 HAS BEEN FOUND! (mboterashv)

This is not the place for you. You're a crook. And you will find NO sympathy here.

:nopity

:nono:
Old 08-30-2001, 02:03 PM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

If what you say is true, and I have no reason to believe otherwise, I think an apology is in order, but both you and tworottiedogs need to apologize to each other. It was a bad deal, and that kind of thing happens, but now that the end is here, it's time to call it a closed deal, apologize, and move on. I do think that you got perceived as being a crook because of the fact that you sold the car on ebay. People are really apprehensive about ebay sales. It's easy to be ripped off there. It sounds as though the shipping company owes both of you an apology as well. I didn't post a response in the "lost or stolen" post because I figured time was needed to sort out the details. I guess that's all that was needed. I hope Tworottiedogs posts a response to this topic so this all gets settled. Glad to hear the car got to it's new owner.
Old 08-30-2001, 02:15 PM
Bluewasp
Race Director

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts
NoVa Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '14

:bs
HOw can you let the shipping company pick up the wrong car??? For someone that is trying to sell cars you can't even keep track of them. I think, from what I have read, that you saw the cops coming to lock you up and you got scared and created this hole story of how the shipping company pick up the wrong car. The car was missing for a month.

IF (BIG IF) they had the car for two weeks and didn't know what to do with it... don't you think they would have called you or someone? I don't think they would leave a corvette or any car just sit there for two weeks..

2) tworottiedogs is REFUSING to offer any sort of apology for publicly insulting me on this forum and writing slanderous, unfounded, and at times VULGAR remarks about me. He now has the vehicle in his possession and is still complaining, threatening to sue me for something else now. ANYONE NOT BELIEVING ME CAN E-MAIL ME AND I WILL FORWARD HIS MESSAGE SO YOU CAN READ FOR YOURSELF.
For statement "2".. I don't hink he needs to give you an apology. The man PAID you money for a car... It was your job to see the car was sent to him. What should he have done? He said he called you and that you kept hanging up on him. Should he just sit there and said "DOH, I wish I had my car"??

Wouldn't you be a just a little upset that some "lost or stole" your car??? I think I would be... and I would have made VULGAR remarks about you as well. I think you would be posting the same messages and being just as upset as he was.

Also.. Let go back to the begining. The car was lost a month ago... Why didn't you call the shipping companys that pick up cars during that time period to find out what they had?

Anyways.. enough time wasted...

[Modified by Bluewasp, 12:48 PM 8/30/2001]
Old 08-30-2001, 02:27 PM
Steve Straus
Safety Car

:bs :spam

I have to agree here. Your story just doesn't add up. Where was your undying cooperation when they were trying to find this car. Why didn't you have receipts for the shipping.

If (and a big if) you weren't trying to scam someone, then you are an extremely lousy businessman, and you have no business selling Amway, much less classic cars.

Be gone troll, we've seen your emails, doctoring up some stuff making you look nice won't change anything.

I just hope rottie has fun fixing stuff on this car. He described it as a POS, and it does look like a fixer upper, but if I recall that wasn't what it was advertised as.

You have a lot of nerve :mad

I hope George bans this troll's account.
Old 08-30-2001, 02:28 PM
TONYS68L36
Drifting

Default Re: LOST OR STOLEN 71 CORVETTE 454 HAS BEEN FOUND! (Dalannex)

Lets see if I have this correct...
You sell a car
Someone (shipper) comes and picks car up
car is not delivered to new owner
new owner calls and ask where car is
claim car was picked but have NO proof
talked with car buyer and offer a refund (for a car that was already suppose to be picked up)
post on ebay that refund has been issued
no more assistance in the matter till several law enforcement agencys are contacted and a lawyer is hired

Give me a break..If you sell a car then you are responsible to make sure said car gets to its destination. This "I tried everything I could" just isn't going to fly here...if it LOOKS like :bs SOUNDS like :bs Taste like :bs MUST B :bs This is not even going into the shape of the car once it did finally arrive....True buyer should have checked the car out, but on the other hand you decribed a pretty nice car...which is not what the buyer seems to think he has...
Old 08-30-2001, 02:31 PM
tworottiedogs
Burning Brakes

I told the seller that I welcomed his inputs on this forum. I could argue everything he says and the facts are simple. He lost the car for over 30 days. He did not “find” the car until he received a letter from my lawyer. His emails have stated that he did not want to help. He claims that some other shipping company took the wrong car. Did he not notice that another car was still sitting there? Was there not another buyer waiting for his/her car to arrive?

As for the condition reported in his ebay add. When he stated that something wasn’t working, that means that the parts are not on the car. When he stated that the parts are in excellent shape, he means that they are installed but not working. Examples:
Wipers inop, missing parts;
headlights don’t go up, not hooked up;
console excellent, not a single gauge works;
paint is good, painted with spray paint;
speedometer doesn’t work because of distributor being an HEI, figure that out?;
passenger mirror added, it’s on the passenger floor;
t-top panels excellent, warped beyond use;
replaced carpet, must have been 25 years ago;
Steering is excellent, Car is un-drivable with steering the way it is

I could go on but the end result is that the guy is dishonest and I never said anything vulgar??? I did say that I would sue him for the car or the money. If he finds that to be vulgar, than I guess I was vulgar. Please email him with questions. Email me with questions. Email the other people on his feedback list with questions. Just about every car he has sold has resulted in negative feedback:

Here is the response from
roxieyoung
“He totally misrepresented the jeep. It had paint chipped off everywhere,
tires were shot, seat had burn holes in it, dent on hood and other things.
I felt like I had been taken advantage of.
What was your problem? I won’t buy from him again. It makes me even question
e-bay.
Roxie”

I have many more from other people he screwed.

I am sorry for wasting forum space but I look forward to dealing with this crook. I have written off the lawyer fees as a major loss but I will not stop my efforts to remove him from Ebay. Crooks won’t go away. He will show up somewhere else.

Mike

:mad
Old 08-30-2001, 02:36 PM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: LOST OR STOLEN 71 CORVETTE 454 HAS BEEN FOUND! (tworottiedogs)

It sounds as though I was wrong. I guess that's why I wanted tworottiedogs to reply. My mistake.
Old 08-30-2001, 02:38 PM
TONYS68L36
Drifting

Mike I assume you have taken pics of said car and forwarded them to E-bay??
Old 08-30-2001, 02:58 PM
Purplerainz
Melting Slicks

say, we know you are in it for the money - ok, but don't ever mess with, over charge , underestimate a potential corvette client .

you need to be more responsible when it comes to vettes for sale on ebay and it's delivery to the client , especially corvettes!.

:cuss
Old 08-30-2001, 02:59 PM
mboterashv
6th Gear

I was not trying to get any sympathy from forum members. Just wanted people to know my side of the story, since it has been "tworottiedogs" giving out all the information.

A few corrections:

1) the other car was a 70 Chevelle Conv., not a Chevette. The buyer changed his mind and instead of having it shipped to him, he came and picked it up himself.

2) Whatever I listed on the car is my opinion of the vehicle. I encourage everyone to come and see the cars first since I understand that buying something sight unseen is very difficult. I have done it in the past and it's never the way you expect it, but some things you have to understand.

3) As I said, I can provide ANYONE with proof from the shipping company that they had the vehicle in their possession the entire time from the date of pickup.

4) I have not once used any profane or VULGAR language as many of you forum readers seem to throw my way. I will take some punches yes, but I will not sit here and be bombarded by people that CURSE and call me names.

5) I don't know what world you people live in, but buying a car is very difficult, and selling one, especially online, is even more difficult still. My opinion of something may not necessarily coincide with the potential buyer's, so that is why IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME, COME SEE THE CAR FOR YOURSELF.

6) The 71 Corvette is perfectly drivable, as I've personally driven it around my town. It's a project vehicle that does run and drive and has a lot of good things and bad things about it. The paint was described accurately. The gauges were described. The console was described. The chips in the interior dye were described. The hood release missing was described. The speedo not working was described. It's an HEI distributor and needs to be rewired a different way.

7) to open the hood, lift up the "not locked" left side and pull the lever about 6 inches into it, to release the other side. I told the shipping people not to lock it, but they must have.

8) the right side mirror was on the car when it left, and must have been torn off during unloading.

9) the clutch is virtually new.

10) the motor makes no noise, it's the shaking that might have given you that impression.

I DON'T EXPECT FORUM MEMBERS TO SIDE WITH ME AT THIS POINT. THIS ENTIRE SITUATION HAS BEEN BIASED SINCE THE VERY START, BUT NEVER MIND THAT. I WANTED TO SOME STUFF OFF MY CHEST AND ANSWER SOME PEOPLE THAT NEEDED ANSWERING.
Old 08-30-2001, 03:03 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Default Re: LOST OR STOLEN 71 CORVETTE 454 HAS BEEN FOUND! (Purplerainz)

This is going to get ugly !!!

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: To thieving car sales man :nono: :nono: :nono:
Old 08-30-2001, 03:09 PM
mboterashv
6th Gear

As for "roxieyoung".....:

1) this person won the car a month ago and only contacted me 3 WEEKS after he won it. I then honored his bid and stopped the relist of the vehicle. I DID NOT post any negative feedback for this person even though he took 3 weeks to get back to me.

2) The Jeep was damaged (as he says) during shipping. I repeatedly told him to contact the shipping company and by all means file a claim with them since a lof of the things he was saying were not described on the bill of lading when vehicle left from my garage. HE DID NOT CONTACT THE SHIPPING PEOPLE.

3) Now I ask you, you buy a 10 year old Jeep, you read the description SAYING THE CAR IS NOT PERFECT, the shipping people slightly damage the vehicle (which they all do, that's just plain fact), and you do nothing. Roxieyoung told me on the phone he expected a "showroom condition" Jeep. I asked him, did you read the description I wrote for the car before you bid on it? He did not answer.

4) He paid $6300 for a 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade in Excellent condition. People now seem to forget that if a car is NOT PERFECT, it's automatically a "POS".

That's what happened on that end. I CANNOT WRITE ALL THIS IN ONE SENTENCE ON THE FEEDBACK FORUM, SO I GET STUCK WITH A NASTY REMARK FROM SOMEONE THAT DID NOT READ THE DESCRIPTION AND DOES NOT WANT TO GET SOME MONEY BACK FROM THE SHIPPING COMPANY HE CALLED AND PAID FOR.

Old 08-30-2001, 03:21 PM
ddn
Burning Brakes

As for "roxieyoung".....:

1) this person won the car a month ago and only contacted me 3 WEEKS after he won it. I then honored his bid and stopped the relist of the vehicle. I DID NOT post any negative feedback for this person even though he took 3 weeks to get back to me.
Yeah, but Mix-Ups happen, right?
2) The Jeep was damaged (as he says) during shipping. I repeatedly told him to contact the shipping company and by all means file a claim with them since a lof of the things he was saying were not described on the bill of lading when vehicle left from my garage. HE DID NOT CONTACT THE SHIPPING PEOPLE.
Boy, you sure have a knack for dealing with shippers.

3) Now I ask you, you buy a 10 year old Jeep, you read the description SAYING THE CAR IS NOT PERFECT, the shipping people slightly damage the vehicle (which they all do, that's just plain fact), and you do nothing. Roxieyoung told me on the phone he expected a "showroom condition" Jeep. I asked him, did you read the description I wrote for the car before you bid on it? He did not answer.
Excellent communication skills. My speech teacher would be proud of you. Sounds like you need the class more than I do.

4) He paid $6300 for a 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade in Excellent condition. People now seem to forget that if a car is NOT PERFECT, it's automatically a "POS".
Excellent and good condition are very different. That Jeep did not sound excellent to me.

That's what happened on that end. I CANNOT WRITE ALL THIS IN ONE SENTENCE ON THE FEEDBACK FORUM, SO I GET STUCK WITH A NASTY REMARK FROM SOMEONE THAT DID NOT READ THE DESCRIPTION AND DOES NOT WANT TO GET SOME MONEY BACK FROM THE SHIPPING COMPANY HE CALLED AND PAID FOR.
Maybe if you aren't so skilled, you shouldnt use eBay. All my feedback's on my eBay account are postitive. One line seem sufficient.

So now let me rehash one little thing. You say you are a car dealer that deals with quite a few cars. Obviously you have to ship many of these cars. So far you have given us 2 examples, and you are 2 for 2 with screwing up the shipping. Is this the same shipping company? Maybe you should catch on that you need to switch. Is it different? Maybe you need to start looking for shipping companies that don't advertise on telephone poles.

You're the one in business here, you should know what you're doing.

[Modified by ddn, 1:22 PM 8/30/2001]
Old 08-30-2001, 03:28 PM
Bluewasp
Race Director

NoVa Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '14

3) As I said, I can provide ANYONE with proof from the shipping company that they had the vehicle in their possession the entire time from the date of pickup.
Why did it take you 1 month you get information on the car.. If it was there the "entire time" shouldn't you have known about it sooner? Wouldn't the shipping company be the first place to call if the car came up missing?

Old 08-30-2001, 03:37 PM
ZD75blue
Race Director

Thanks bluewasp

Should have put this in here

"TO TwoRottiedogs"

why not just take him to the better buisness bureau instead of brining it here, thanks for the warning though:yesnod:

take him out of buisness if hes running a scam

I personally think that if there is a problem like loosing a vette that if I was interested in any of his cars I could find another similar at another dealer or auction to take my money
ZD

[Modified by ZD75blue, 2:39 PM 8/30/2001]

[Modified by ZD75blue, 3:54 PM 8/30/2001]
Old 08-30-2001, 03:39 PM
Bluewasp
Race Director

NoVa Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '14

Default Re: LOST OR STOLEN 71 CORVETTE 454 HAS BEEN FOUND! (ZD75blue)

why not just take him to the better buisness bureau instead of brining it here, thanks for the warning though
take him out of buisness if hes running a scam
mboterashv, the seller, started this thread.

[Modified by Bluewasp, 1:40 PM 8/30/2001]

Get notified of new replies

To RE: LOST OR STOLEN 71 CORVETTE 454 HAS BEEN FOUND!

Old 08-30-2001, 03:46 PM
Andy1983
Burning Brakes

Default Re: LOST OR STOLEN 71 CORVETTE 454 HAS BEEN FOUND! (ZD75blue)

I am coming in at the end of this, and dont really have a clue what is going on. But I do know this--
WHO WOULD BUY A CAR OVER THE INTERNET!!!
That is stupid... seriously.... they have autotraders for a reason... to call, then go see the car. Bidding on e-bay for a car is the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my life.

Everyone needs to SEE THE CAR BEFORE THEY BUY IT! Then they don't have any complaints.

Call me old fashioned, but I dont EVER trust anyone but myself, so I see it for person. Period.

[Modified by Andy1983, 1:48 PM 8/30/2001]
Old 08-30-2001, 03:50 PM
ddecart
Team Owner

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
SPARTAN
CI 3-4-5-6-8-9-10 Vet
CI-9 AutoX Winner
CI-3 Go Kart Champ
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Default Re: LOST OR STOLEN 71 CORVETTE 454 HAS BEEN FOUND! (Bluewasp)

Why did it take you 1 month you get information on the car.. If it was there the "entire time" shouldn't you have known about it sooner? Wouldn't the shipping company be the first place to call if the car came up missing?
That seems SO simple!!
Car is picked up but doesn't arrive at the destination.

Step 1) Call the people who last had it in their possession (the shipping company). Ask "Hey, do you guys know what happened to the red Corvette you picked up here not too long ago?" "Yeah, we got it sitting right here."

Wow...I guess it doesn't go much beyond step 1, does it? It sure would have made this whole thing MUCH easier and cheaper for everyone involved.
Old 08-30-2001, 03:51 PM
mboterashv
6th Gear

Default Re: LOST OR STOLEN 71 CORVETTE 454 HAS BEEN FOUND! (Bluewasp)

Roxieyoung used DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers), the company Ebay recommends. As with any car shipment, the RECEIVER has to examine the vehicle before accepting it to make sure nothing was damaged during shipping.

I do sell a lot of vehicles and do ship a good portion of them AFTER THE BUYER PAYS AND ARRANGES SHIPPING HIMSELF. Any excess damage that is not listed on the bill of lading is grounds for making a claim against the shipping people. It does happen very often unfortunately.

There are plenty of other people i've sold cars to that can testify in a positive way, but of course nobody will bring that up because it would make you lose your point of "bashing the dishonest car dealer".....

It is pointless for me to analyze every single reply to this post, because no matter how I try, people STILL won't be satisfied, so I will answer only relevant questions that need answering.