C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holley info please!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 06:00 PM
Lucky68
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holley info please!

Ok,

I've got a rebuild kit for my holley 4360 (yes the economaster 450cfm). i know there are a million better carbs but i'm on a serious budget, so i figured i'd rebuild now, and later (in years) get a better carb.

does anyone have any info on this carb? the only mechanic work i've ever done is a water pump, a radiator, and meaningless other stuff. I managed to bleed the brakes on my vette and it came out fine. I am pretty mechanically inclined...

the documentation that came with the rebuild kit (from summit) is crappy. the blowup picture is smaller than my hand, and all the parts that have arrows to them with numbers i have no idea what they are because there is no key.

I am also not sure how to tune. the directions i have tell me to turn screws which i have no idea which ones are which.

do i have hope?

http://www.carburetorfactory.com/expvw20.html -this is all I can find, which is close to what i have already

please help me...
Old 06-26-2006, 06:10 PM
fugawi
Melting Slicks

if you can do all that stuff a carb will be no problem... get a haynes manual on holly repair and rebuild. this covers all hollys . you will have no problem doing a rehab , and tune up on your carb....
Old 06-26-2006, 06:19 PM
Lucky68
Intermediate

thanks for the quick reply, and for the confidence. I've looked at carb rebuild books from holley, and peoples comments on a few is that they don't cover the 4360...
Old 06-26-2006, 07:16 PM
itsonlyairandfuel
Drifting

Received 384 Likes on 241 Posts

They are a great little carb, very simple and easy to disassemble. Performance wise on a 350 or smaller engine they can almost produce Q-jet type performance.. They give very good throttle response in a street car. Because they have a large fuel reservoir, float setting is critical. Too high, and they can slosh fuel out the vent tube on hard acceleration from a dead stop. The hesitation is sometimes mistaken for a accelerator pump problem which it isn't. Good luck. Ron B.
Old 12-27-2016, 02:26 PM
rpetronk
Intermediate

Default old thread but

Originally Posted by itsonlyairandfuel
They are a great little carb, very simple and easy to disassemble. Performance wise on a 350 or smaller engine they can almost produce Q-jet type performance.. They give very good throttle response in a street car. Because they have a large fuel reservoir, float setting is critical. Too high, and they can slosh fuel out the vent tube on hard acceleration from a dead stop. The hesitation is sometimes mistaken for a accelerator pump problem which it isn't. Good luck. Ron B.

10 years later...
I have a 4360 on my 73 and I get hesitation hmmm I thought acc pump maybe float.
Old 12-27-2016, 06:47 PM
MelWff
Race Director

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,605 Posts

why not start your own thread?

Get notified of new replies

To Holley info please!

Quick Reply: Holley info please!