C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1979 L82 needs new exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 05:08 PM
ThunderMaker
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1979 L82 needs new exhaust

I am ready to switch to a true dual exhaust from my stock exhaust as its old and leaking. I have been checking the posts on this forum for info on headers and mufflers and now know that it would be easy to make a mistake buying the wrong brand and model header. I am interested in the stainless steel blockhuggers as they resemble the stock manifolds as the collector lines up in the center of the engine block, also because I don't want hot floorboards. The spark plugs are stright so I'm most interested in a make and model that fits great and won't burn wires. Have any other '79 owners had good luck installing and maintaining these? This is street car so I don't need optimal performance, just the weight and general performance benefits. Has anyone tried those complete dual exhaust kits from Mid America that go from the manifolds to the mufflers? I like the way my current exhaust sounds without the cat (replaced with test pipe), does anyone have a recommendation for performance replacement mufflers that sound good and are not loud?

Quick Reply: 1979 L82 needs new exhaust