C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TT II's - Need the info.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2001, 11:37 PM
SteveG75
Le Mans Master

Received 521 Likes on 351 Posts

Default TT II's - Need the info.

Went by Sear's today to look at the Torque-Thrust II's. Very rude service. Just blew me off. Lost at least a $1600 sale including tires.

Anyway, rant over.

Has anybody got a good mail order source for 17x8 TTII's? 4" backspacing I understand and they bolt on without spacers. Right? Say yes, please say yes.

As for tires, thinking about the BFG G-force T/A KDWS. Gets better reviews than the Potenza RE730 at Tire rack and is abot $20 chepaer ($131 vs. $152). Any info out there? Planning on 255/50R17. I am current running 255/60R15 with no rubbing and the KDWS spec at the same height and only 0.2" wider.

Post here or email me.

Thanks.

[Modified by SteveG75, 9:40 PM 9/1/2001]
Old 09-02-2001, 03:10 AM
Jay M
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: TT II's - Need the info. (SteveG75)

I have both tires that you are talking about. The re730 on my Vette with 17" TT II's, and The BFGs on my maxima's 17" rims. It is impossible to compare the two because the two cars are so different, but they both work great. The re730's look a lot more like performance tires. The side walls seem stiffer which should improve handling. the BFG's are a very boring looking tire! But I got tired of using performance tires that only last 15,000 miles. I think the re730 tires are the best compromise, that's what I'll get next for the Maxima.

The best price for wheels that I found was http://www.hotrodsusa.com/ They had the lowest price, they are out of state so they didn't charge sales tax, and best of all offered FREE shipping! I think it was about $250 for 17" x 8" TT II's

And of course, Tire Rack for tires. They offer the best service and price. Where else can you get detailed descriptions of almost any tire made along with customer feedback? I've bought about 6 sets of tires from them and have been very pleased with their service. I'll never buy tires from a brick and mortar store again!

~Jay
NOTE: below is an old pic that doesn't have the new wheels and tires
Old 09-02-2001, 10:49 AM
vettedan
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought my 16" TTII's from Discount Tire (great service) for $195.00 ea. I'm running 255/50 tires.
Dan
Old 09-02-2001, 07:31 PM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

I too ordered my TT II's from http://www.hotrodsusa.com/ . They had the best price I could find last Dec. when I bought them. I'm also running the RE730's and have been very pleased with them so far. I bought them for autocross and street driving (my car is not a daily driver) and they have been a good choice for me in both instances. I went with 245/45/17, but my car is lowered so it fits well IMHO .

You shouldn't have any problems fitting 17x8 w/ 4" bs on your car. I didn't need any spacers. I also got my chrome lug nuts from Hotrods for $ .75 ea which I felt was a great price compared to locally, plus they sent the correct style. :cheers:

[img] Some Text [/img]

[Modified by mikeo, 5:34 PM 9/2/2001]

Get notified of new replies

To TT II's - Need the info.

Quick Reply: TT II's - Need the info.