C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head question??

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 10:20 AM
ranyea
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head question??

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as "high heads or high top heads?" I had a mechanic look at my 68 and told me that the heads were rare because they are higher or taller than the average set of heads that come on a stock car. Its a 68, 327 300 hp. I never heard of such a thing and was wondering if its true or not or did i just misunderstand what he was saying..................thanx
1 more question. does anyone know how many 3 spd conv. were made in 68? was also told that car was rare because not many were made that yr..>>>>
Old 01-13-2007, 11:37 AM
DZRick
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Remove the valve covers and post the numbers on the heads. That will give us something to work with.

I think you either mis-understood what he said or he mis-spoke.

Maybe he said or meant Hi Performance heads with 2:02 intake valves, these were found on the 350hp 327s

There weren't many 3 speeds in 68, but they aren't that desireable either. I'll try to dig my books out later if nobody comes up with the amount for you.

Quick Reply: Head question??