C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

found some interesting stuff...(long)

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2001, 08:44 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default found some interesting stuff...(long)

While trying to clean off my t-top chrome, I discovered my window molding is also chrome. :eek: I was not expecting that. But that means its going to take me a lot longer to clean all that black paint off. Im going to have to pick up some more razor blades and steel wool tomarrow, when the car was black, the painter painted my t-top and window molding black also, guess he missunderstood "I want it black". Needless to say, I think chrome looks 10000 times better on the blue then black, so I need to get all this stuff cleaned up and shiney again. Also, even though I am not pleased with my left rear rim, it still looks better then the other 3(its noticable), so to avoid having a rim stand out more then the other 3, I am forced to clean all of them, I will have them professionally done at a later date. Also, Wednesday or Thursday I should get in some new door handles. Mine are in terrible shape, sagging and the chrome is slowly chipping away showing some ugly colors, so the new ones will really look nice.

I also found out that my car is still leaking, after new weatherstripping. The car does not leak with a garden hose, but it does when it rains :confused: . Perhaps I have a problem with front window? Do you think the sealing is going bad? How can I fix this without having some pro come out and remove it/ reinstall it? Are there any areas I should look at as comon leak spots?

I also started on my interior, my first step was to fix the cracks in my dash. I got one of those "vinyal repair kits" like you see on TV. I figure if this doesn't work, I'll just buy a dash pad cover...if I didn't try this, I would still need one anyway, so no big loss. I'll let you know how it works out, hopefully it works as advertised, and I can save %80. After I fix all the cracks I will start to remove my interior and repaint it. Good thing I had the last 2 days to do some cruising, because it looks like my baby is going to sit another month while I do all this work.

:rolleyes:
Oh well, when I get done hopefully it will be one :cool: ride. Until then its just a nice paint job. :yesnod:

Daniel
PS. Still looking for rims, anyone got some 15x8's they wanna get rid of? or any rims for that matter.
Old 10-07-2001, 09:01 PM
Chris Fowler
Team Owner

Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'10

Default Re: found some interesting stuff...(long) (daniel77350)

Such a beautiful paint job!

door handles are interesting to replace. I've got a new set that I haven't put in yet because I can't figure out how to get the old ones out.

there's not enough space to turn the handle to detach it from the internal lever... :(
Old 10-07-2001, 09:05 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

Default Re: found some interesting stuff...(long) (Chris Fowler '80)

I don't know how to replace them either, but I know they can be removed, because the body man had them out. If I would have come across them sooner, I would have had them put my new ones in for me. Oh well. When I get it done I will take some pictures and do a write up so you know what'll have to come out. I hope the window doesn't have to come out :eek:

If it does, that'll be a good time to fix the scratches, and to readjust my drivers side mirror. What I will probably do, is ride back up to the body shop and ask the man how they are removed, I will write it down, then go home and do it. I'll let you know what I find.

Daniel
Old 10-07-2001, 10:54 PM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

I have done this. You unbolt the handle, pull it out the hole and disconnect the linkage.
Old 10-08-2001, 07:29 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Still looking for rims, anyone got some 15x8's they wanna get rid of? or any rims for that matter.
Daniel, where do you live? I have a set of Crager Tru-spoke wire wheels and tires for sale. I think they'd be a little pricey to ship.

If you're interested I can post some pics later.

Len
Old 10-08-2001, 08:20 AM
daniel77350
Drifting

Default Re: found some interesting stuff...(long) (1970 Stingray)

Im located in North Carolina.

I would appreciate pics. E mail me with price also.

Thanks;
Daniel
Old 10-08-2001, 10:28 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09

Fortunately I'm off today

Here's a couple pics. One wheel has dried antifreeze on it(from a hose explosion that I didn't attend to fast enough). You should be able to polish it off. From what I've been able to tell they're Cragar 15x7 Tru-spoke wire wheels and you'll need to use an adapter to clear the calipers.(which I'll include) I really don't want to separate the tires from the wheels since I really don't have the time. The tires are rear: 275-60-15 and front 225-70-15 made by Cooper tire.

These are the wheels/tires that were on my Vette when I bought it and haven't been actively looking for a buyer.
These are probably the worst pics---I want you to see that they are not perfect. I gotta talk to the boss(wife):D about a price.

[Modified by 1970 Stingray, 9:38 AM 10/8/2001]
Old 10-08-2001, 10:47 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09

Here's a pic of the wheels on my Vette---over a year ago! It's not a very good scanned photo.

[Modified by 1970 Stingray, 9:48 AM 10/8/2001]
Old 10-08-2001, 02:24 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

Default Re: found some interesting stuff...(long) (1970 Stingray)

those look good. at least something to get my by until I can get some TT2's or some other 17 inch rim.

Daniel

Get notified of new replies

To found some interesting stuff...(long)

Quick Reply: found some interesting stuff...(long)