C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The beast is running.....LOUD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2001, 08:55 PM
tworottiedogs
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The beast is running.....LOUD!!!

I bought some cheap gauges and installed them in the stock bezel. They fit pretty good. I ran the car with open headers. It fired right up and my son was the first to go for a ride. We backed it up the driveway and did a quick trip back. My neighbors must love me. Had a little smoke coming off the headers. I don't know if it is from oil or if the ceramic paint I used is not that great. I can't wait to get it on the road. I found out that I have a telescopic steering wheel. The steering really needs some work. I think I'll get the mufflers first, then attack the steering. Oil pressure was great. Jumped right to 60. Headers were making contact in a couple of locations ( steering box and passenger side frame) but that's a job for another day.
Old 10-08-2001, 09:22 PM
Budman68
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07

Default Re: The beast is running.....LOUD!!! (tworottiedogs)

You drove around the hood. Dude, mine sounded like a pro-stock and my ears rang for three days after a 6 mile trip to the muffler shop. :eek:

Sounds like you are really having fun with the car after the whole ebay issue. Good luck....

Quick Reply: The beast is running.....LOUD!!!