C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

washer down my secondary throttle shaft

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 08:15 PM
a kungfu mastah
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Default washer down my secondary throttle shaft

While I was starting to take my carb off, the washer from my air cleaner went down my secondary throttle shaft. Will it still be in my carb or do I have to go in the engine to retreive it? If I do have to go in any tips?

thank you
Old 04-11-2007, 08:21 PM
63mako
Race Director

Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by a kungfu mastah
While I was starting to take my carb off, the washer from my air cleaner went down my secondary throttle shaft. Will it still be in my carb or do I have to go in the engine to retreive it? If I do have to go in any tips?

thank you
It should be sitting on top of the secondary throttle plates unless you opened them. Finish taking the carb off and open the secondary throttle plates over a bench once it is off. It should fall right out on the bench.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:24 PM
a kungfu mastah
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Ah good, I meant to have it out today due to horrendous weather tomorrow. I just got all the tubes off it tonight. Hopefully I find that little bastard.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:04 PM
kdf1986
Safety Car

Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

I had the same thought as 63mako. The secondarys should be closed, and the washer should be sitting on top. I would avoid messing with the linkage, or the levers for the secondarys until you get the carb off.

You might get lucky and be able to see the washer with a flashlight, and use a magnetic tip to pick it up. The air cleaner washer should be pretty large and easy to spot.

kdf

Get notified of new replies

To washer down my secondary throttle shaft

Quick Reply: washer down my secondary throttle shaft