C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1978 Seat Back Frame

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 04:32 PM
sierraman
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1978 Seat Back Frame

Initially, I found that the upper seat back frame bumpers do not lineup with the bottom seat frame adjusters. I removed the seat from the car and noticed that right side bumper bolt was loose and found that the spot welded nut came off the frame. Also, the frame is cracked near where the nut was welded. The frame is cracked on the left side also. In addition, the frame seems to be bent on the right side.

I would like to obtain a new/used(in good condition) upper seat back frame.
Can anyone help?
Old 04-17-2008, 10:15 AM
Dodosmike
Le Mans Master

Received 225 Likes on 165 Posts

Good luck finding them. Hard to come by. I've been looking for awhile already. Most I've found are in worse shape than my originals.

CorvetteAmerica offer a reconditioning service. Don't know what its like. To expensive for me to ship my seats to them. There is repair plate for the rear seat bottom, supposed to "fix" the sag issue. Don't know if it works or not, I'm waiting for the parts to arrive so I can attempt a do-it-myself repair.

Anybody have pics of seats repaired with the plate?

Dodosmike
Old 04-17-2008, 11:13 AM
brazky75
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Find a local welding shop they can make it just like new for 25$. Had the same thing with my 75 the shop welded it while I waited. Make sure that you bring the whole seat so they can line up the seat bumbers while there welding it. If the seat has weak spots they can beef these areas up with extra metal. Once you put the covers back on them you'll be the only one who knows .

Get notified of new replies

To 1978 Seat Back Frame

Quick Reply: 1978 Seat Back Frame