C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

77 rear suspension

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 11:20 PM
neilo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 77 rear suspension

I am looking to upgrade my rear suspension. I want to spend around $500. The rear wheel bearings and the trailing arms are in good shape and I replaced the side yolks a few years ago. I want to replace the spring and the bushings at least but I don't know about using a fiberglass spring. Any advice is always appreciated.
I am also trying to find a way to get some more head room. I have seen one piece tops to replace t-tops but the look kind of cheesey, has anyone used these before?
Old 08-28-2007, 12:05 AM
TheSkunkWorks
Le Mans Master

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

If you haven't already got them, a set of Bilsteins is a very good investment. Other upgrades should be gauged on what you want out of your driving experience.

Lot's of people swear by the mono-springs. A few swear at them. They are worth about a 40 lb. savings, and the reviews are generally positive, but I don't run one.

The Astro Top is another one up for debate. Both good and bad experiences abound. A search on the item should show you what I mean.

Quick Reply: 77 rear suspension