C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reverse seat springs??

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2001, 10:33 PM
bl75vette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Reverse seat springs??

I am in the process of cleaning my seat frames while the car is being painted. I removed the seat springs to clean some surface rust off of them and the frames. I noticed that they are curved toward the back of the seat. Is it a good idea to reverse the curve and have them point outward for better support and looks with the thought that they will eventually bow toward the back over time? :) :)
Old 12-05-2001, 10:02 PM
bl75vette
Instructor

Default Re: Reverse seat springs?? (Ed T)

Thanks for the advise Ed. I did see the springs in one of my catalogs but I think I can reuse the ones I have. I brought everything down to bare metal and primed and painted with rustolium. The back metal housing for the slide that moves in and out as you fold the seat is bare metal now. (previous rust covered) Do you think it is a good idea to prime and paint black this piece also? I think it mostly covered by the seat back. The car did not have backs on it when I bought it, hence the rust. :)
Old 12-05-2001, 10:22 PM
bl75vette
Instructor

Default Re: Reverse seat springs?? (Ed T)

Ed, I never put anything in the oven except chicken and beef. Does it emit any harmful odors that the wife will bitch about? The guy I bought the car from left the car on the street for six years, while the T tops leaked and dripped onto the seats and carpeting. He put over 4G's in repairs and parts and only drove the car about 1000 miles in this length of time. Go figure!!
I will use the white lithium after I paint. Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Reverse seat springs??

Quick Reply: Reverse seat springs??