C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arm Rest Anchors

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 10:10 AM
jspencer33j
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Arm Rest Anchors

Passenger side electric window motor stopped working, so I decided it was time to pull the motor, window guides, etc and start the clean/repair. When I removed the arm rest and door panel I noticed that the anchor points for the arm rest were nothing more then plastic wall anchors. This can't be correct can it?

I pulled the driver side arm rest and panel as well and it has the same plastic wall anchors. Has someone rigged these doors with these plastic anchors or is it really correct?

I have circled the suspect anchor points in the enclosed pics.

By the way, ended up taking the electric window motor apart, cleaned it all up and now its working fine.

Thanks
Old 02-28-2008, 10:48 AM
rudolph schenker
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 233 Likes on 134 Posts

Those are not correct like you thought. The holes have been stripped out and will no longer hold the screws. Mine was the same way. I used something similiar to a 'cage nut' that would clip on the metal bracket and accept a comparable sized machine screw. I know Bubba,,, just slightly better than he would have done!

Quick Reply: Arm Rest Anchors