C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fiber Optic Trim

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 04:47 PM
siko123
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fiber Optic Trim

Does anyone have a method to removing the fiber optic lense on the console. I tried to remove the nuts by removing the side radio panels and it was difficult to get in there with a socket. Am I better off removing the console trim plate. Will that help. Fustrated. Thanks
Old 03-15-2008, 06:30 PM
dmayhew
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You will have to remove tge console from the car.

David
Old 05-15-2008, 11:20 PM
hunter.shaw
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fiber optic lens

The one for the front is tough. With all the main console and heater control removed you can reach back under there and try to work the fastner loose, One side was easy the other side never did come loose. The good news is that a new one is only $26 if it breaks. I have a qestion regarding the rear lens. Was yours molder so that the end of the fiber was 1/2"-3/4" away from the end of the lens when installed? I don't to push the fiber all the way into the lens because you would never get it back out if you needed to remove the console without breating the lens(it's about $21) so that may be the way it works.

Get notified of new replies

To Fiber Optic Trim

Quick Reply: Fiber Optic Trim