C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

plan of attack for "winter project". opinions(long)

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2001, 05:25 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: plan of attack for "winter project". opinions(long) (ScubaJKD)

but I didn't mention that before I take the '77 to NCRS hell and back, Im going to buy a '71 vert big block 4 speed project and put a 502 in it with a ROD 6 speed and all the suspension goodies. Then Im going to paint it black(or red) with a black interior and black soft top, with a CD player and 17" TT-2's. Among other things.

See? So I will have the best of both worlds. I would do the full on "fun car" to the '77...but its a SB, automatic, government choked, emission requiring, coupe. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but trying to put a big block and 6 speed in the '77 would be crazy IMO. Thats why I'll do the '77 NCRS.

:jester

Daniel
Old 12-11-2001, 05:28 PM
lbell101
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: plan of attack for "winter project". opinions(long) (daniel77350)

Hey Daniel!

POR is difficult to remove. Of course sandblasting will take anything off.
I apinted some black a few months ago and neglected to wear gloves. It was dry by the time I called it quits and even laquer thinner wouldn't take it off my hands and arms! It took about a dozen showers with scrubbing the paint before it would come off. I can get catalyzed urethane off with one shower. This stuff is good stuff man.

Quick Reply: plan of attack for "winter project". opinions(long)