C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 12:23 PM
V-Rod
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help

I am mating my BTO trans to engine, the installation guide says thread fastener on some of the bolts but we are not going to tell you what to use it's up to you to do the reseach to find out. If you use the wrong product it's your prob. and there will be a test. give me a break!!!!!!!! is there something special I should use or anything good be alright ie Loctite. I tried the internet but type in thread fastener bellhousing and see what you get Thanks
Old 04-13-2008, 12:50 PM
marshrat99
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blue loctite will work just fine The BTO test isn't really too bad. They'll ask you about the pressures (I hope you got the install kit that has the pressure guage), how much tranny fluid you used to fill it up, if you installed the temp aux filter, the tranny temps during their brief break in procedure, and the RPMs and speed of shift points during very slow and WOT. Just keep some notes during the install and you should have been supplied some instructions that mention ALL questions you can expect to answer. Take a hi-lighter and mark the questions in the install instructions.

Last edited by marshrat99; 04-13-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:17 PM
redwingvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 138 Likes on 73 Posts

That seems a little paranoia on their part. Not a big deal and I wouldn't worry to much about it. Good luck with the install. I love mine.
200-4R install
Old 04-13-2008, 01:17 PM
Theiskell
Burning Brakes

I’m curious how this goes. I’m about two or three weeks from ordering a kit from them also. I hope it goes well for you good luck
Old 04-13-2008, 01:35 PM
V-Rod
Racer

Thanks for the support the install guide is very detail. It's just funny when they come with jazz like well tell you what to torque the bolts but won't tell how to convert inchs to ft lb what brand wrech to buy ior how to use it. Over all they have been great but give them a little lead time. it took a little longer to receive than I expected. they may build to order and depending on volume you could get a delay. will keep informed Tom
Old 04-13-2008, 05:58 PM
Theiskell
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by V-Rod
Thanks for the support the install guide is very detail. It's just funny when they come with jazz like well tell you what to torque the bolts but won't tell how to convert inchs to ft lb what brand wrech to buy ior how to use it. Over all they have been great but give them a little lead time. it took a little longer to receive than I expected. they may build to order and depending on volume you could get a delay. will keep informed Tom
How long did it take to get yours from the time plunked down the cash
Old 04-13-2008, 06:45 PM
hammadown
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey . I recieved mine 2 weeks after purchase, BUT............. I live in RI and BTO is in Cali so the box spent 5 to 7 days on a truck/s . The BTO crossmember and trans lines didnt show up till 2 weeks after that The crossmember was still at the powdercoater 3 weeks after purchase, and the trans lines were shipped together with the X-member. BTO aso sent a 700r dipstick instead of a 200r stick. the corection was made and sent out with the x-member. And lastly.. they didnt have a tv bracket mount for my carb (q-jet) so I went with an OE intake manifold tv mount from BTO, but it was not in the tv cable made easy kit so that was also sent along with the X-member shipment. So........ total time from purchase/payment to recieving ALL my pieces for install ..........1 month. But like I said.......I live in RI , so you guys that live in the mid-west or on the west coast should see shorter shipping times

Hammadown
Old 04-13-2008, 09:01 PM
Theiskell
Burning Brakes

I guess that’s no sooooooo bad. I hope they are getting better on getting things right tho.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:20 PM
V-Rod
Racer

Todd,

Sent you a PM I think they got all my stuff right but have not looked close at the fill line. Did get a free T-shirt
Old 04-14-2008, 06:12 PM
Bud Merrill
Intermediate

Originally Posted by marshrat99
Blue loctite will work just fine The BTO test isn't really too bad. They'll ask you about the pressures (I hope you got the install kit that has the pressure guage), how much tranny fluid you used to fill it up, if you installed the temp aux filter, the tranny temps during their brief break in procedure, and the RPMs and speed of shift points during very slow and WOT. Just keep some notes during the install and you should have been supplied some instructions that mention ALL questions you can expect to answer. Take a hi-lighter and mark the questions in the install instructions.
blue loctite will be fine, carefully chase the tapped holes with a tap, and if you are using the old bolts wire brush them so they are clean

Last edited by Bud Merrill; 04-14-2008 at 06:14 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To please help

Quick Reply: please help