C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Goes lean upon deceleration?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 07:28 PM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

Default Goes lean upon deceleration?

Hi all Its been awhile since I've been able to get online. Just finishing up my degree and then I get to start studying for the RN nursing exam.

Anyway, I also finally got to fiddle with the vette again for the first time in about 2 years. I put the Victor Jr back on and the engine is running great. I have a narrow band O2 sensor that I use to help tune and I notice at idle and when accelerating I am very close to stoich (sp?) but when I let off the throttle it is going very lean. I don't have any backfire through the exhaust or anything and if I didn't have the gage, I probably wouldn't even know.

My question is, is it possible to injure the engine if it goes lean when "engine braking/ coasting"? Next, is there anything I should look at to correct this? Carb is a 750DP Mighty Demon if it helps

TIA
Old 05-27-2008, 02:57 PM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

Ttt
Old 05-27-2008, 02:59 PM
wombvette
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokedTires
Hi all Its been awhile since I've been able to get online. Just finishing up my degree and then I get to start studying for the RN nursing exam.

Anyway, I also finally got to fiddle with the vette again for the first time in about 2 years. I put the Victor Jr back on and the engine is running great. I have a narrow band O2 sensor that I use to help tune and I notice at idle and when accelerating I am very close to stoich (sp?) but when I let off the throttle it is going very lean. I don't have any backfire through the exhaust or anything and if I didn't have the gage, I probably wouldn't even know.

My question is, is it possible to injure the engine if it goes lean when "engine braking/ coasting"? Next, is there anything I should look at to correct this? Carb is a 750DP Mighty Demon if it helps

TIA
I would say that was perfectly normal.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:24 PM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

Hey Mike good to hear from you again. I just looked at some of my LM1 runs that I saved and yes I do go somewhat lean when taking my foot off the accelerater. How lean are you going? I am going up a little past 15 when lifting the pedal. These are some older runs but you can see it go lean for a bit.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:07 AM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

Thanks guys that's what I was hoping to hear
Old 05-29-2008, 11:10 AM
Scooter_boy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine does the same...

Get notified of new replies

To Goes lean upon deceleration?

Quick Reply: Goes lean upon deceleration?