C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vacume canisters on vent HVAC

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 07:41 PM
1980 c3 man
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vacume canisters on vent HVAC

Does anyone know, while I have the dash off. My canisters are opening and closing very slow on the vent system. Can I oil them? I dont want to damage them. Thanks in advance, and thank you too, Durango boy for helping me fix them. They were not working at all yesterday.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Durango_Boy
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 1980 c3 man
Does anyone know, while I have the dash off. My canisters are opening and closing very slow on the vent system. Can I oil them? I dont want to damage them. Thanks in advance, and thank you too, Durango boy for helping me fix them. They were not working at all yesterday.

You're very welcome, though I don't know if they can be serviced as you're hoping. I have heard of people replacing them, but not really going to the trouble of trying to maintain them or fix them. I suppose a squirt of white lithium into the end might help and probably wouldn't harm them...bu that's just a guess.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:32 PM
1980 c3 man
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks Durango

Ill give that a try. By the way, the reason the vent didnt work, was because I had the hoses to the light switch backward. Wish I thougth of that before I removed the dash. But I guess Ill know for the next guy, thats what makes this forum great.

Get notified of new replies

To vacume canisters on vent HVAC

Quick Reply: vacume canisters on vent HVAC