C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C3 drag race front suspension

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 12:19 PM
halfshaft
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C3 drag race front suspension

What are my options for modifications to the front suspension on a C3? Does anyone make a tubular K-member or is tubular A-arms my only upgrade? Would their be any advantage in going with a C4 front? What about coiovers?
Old 03-07-2009, 10:52 AM
wweast
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default c3 for drag racing

Originally Posted by halfshaft
What are my options for modifications to the front suspension on a C3? Does anyone make a tubular K-member or is tubular A-arms my only upgrade? Would their be any advantage in going with a C4 front? What about coiovers?
Your C3 is a full frame car and does not have a removeable front K member. Modifying the frame is a full on fabrication project. Van Steele's front a-arm conversion with coil-overs is a really sweet set up. If you can find a set of 63-64 C2 drum brake spindles, you can use one of Wilwood's lightweight drag race brake kits. Depending on the amount of horsepower your going to make, you may want to consider having the the car "back-halfed" to use either a four link or ladder bars with a soild axle rear. I'd start by checking out Art Morrison, Chris Alston chassis works, and others who make "vehicle specific" conversion kits instaed of "universal fits-all" type kits. If you have the $$$, I think Morrison can make you a complete tubular frame. Either way, you're going to need a reliable fab shop to install or modify the frame and build in the roll cage.

Quick Reply: C3 drag race front suspension