C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mandrel bent exhaust pipes?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 06:35 PM
larrywalk
Melting Slicks

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts

Default Mandrel bent exhaust pipes?

I'm looking for a source for 2 1/2 inch (or 2 3/4") mandrel bent exhaust pipes to run from the transmission cross member back to the mufflers. Unfortunately, all the different pipes I've seen for MANY years all have had a reduced cross section at each bend, and were oval (squashed) in cross section from the cross member to just past the differential.

So, do any of the vendors on-line have mandrel bent pipes with a round cross section?

Does ANYONE have a source, or know who makes them?

Thanks!

Old 04-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Solid LT1
Le Mans Master

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Magnaflow and Stainlessworks have full 2.5" diamter systems with no reduced radius bends in them. Stainlessworks would probably be your best source for the pipes alone.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:51 PM
C3BB4SPD
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You didn't say if you were looking for aluminized or stainless steel?

Summit has this cat-back aluminized system from DynoMax that's mandrel bent. But I don't know if they just sell the pipes or not though.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...00491#footnote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:10 PM
JOEY CARTEE
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by larrywalk
I'm looking for a source for 2 1/2 inch (or 2 3/4") mandrel bent exhaust pipes to run from the transmission cross member back to the mufflers. Unfortunately, all the different pipes I've seen for MANY years all have had a reduced cross section at each bend, and were oval (squashed) in cross section from the cross member to just past the differential.

So, do any of the vendors on-line have mandrel bent pipes with a round cross section?

Does ANYONE have a source, or know who makes them?

Thanks!

Hey larry, I used Allens on my car and it has some cross section loss at the bends but im relly impressed with there exhausts out of the box... but no flatting on the pipe...Joey

Get notified of new replies

To Mandrel bent exhaust pipes?

Quick Reply: Mandrel bent exhaust pipes?