C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 05:54 PM
Oldguard 7
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Window Question

There is a gap between the weatherstrip and the window on the passenger side window on the vette. It is not flush with the weatherstrip near the windshield. Do I need to remove the door panel and try to adjust the window aft? If I am unable to do so, should I purchase new components?

Last edited by Oldguard 7; 04-30-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:51 PM
hgm
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the window works ok I would remove the door panel and adjust the window. Do a search, there are a couple threads that will explain all the adjustments.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:30 AM
jdp6000
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Confirm thats the problem first. Measure the distance on the back side and compare with the driver side. Could it be the weather stripping?

If the window needs to move forward take off the door panel and adjust the tracks forward a bit. The bolts that hold the tracks are right at the top of the door frame. Keep in mind that they adjust front/back and in/out. So if you are happy with in/our mark the spot so you only adjust the front/back.

The easiest way to do it is to remove the panel. Site in the car. Tools in hand. Power the window up. Then loosen the bolts. Move it into position then tighten the bolts. You'll probably need an observer out side as well.

Jim

Get notified of new replies

To Window Question

Quick Reply: Window Question