C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 water pump modifications for engine swap.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 07:33 AM
gene284
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LS1 water pump modifications for engine swap.

This is a photo of an LS1 water pump from an auction service.

What companies supply the thermostat water neck that is straight to replace the angled one in the photo?

Also, what right angle fittings did you use to replace the hose bibs on the passenger side of the water pump?
Old 07-05-2009, 12:45 PM
blueme
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water pump

i got the straight housing from www.speedhound.com. i think i used a 3/8 npt and 1/2 npt street elbow and hose barbs. i got those at a local truck parts store. remove the barbs and thread the holes. i also tapped the top of the pump for a 1/8 hose barb to connect the steam line from the heads.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:34 PM
78Vette-SA
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Before just replacing the hose ends with angled ones you might first want to trial fit the pump and see if even with the angled fittings you will have clearance. Depends on motor mounts and other factors but some still had major clearance problems with the upper control arm mounting.

If you check the sticky at the top of this forum and go through it you will see where some have plugged them and drilled and tapped into the area above.

Last edited by 78Vette-SA; 07-05-2009 at 02:37 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To LS1 water pump modifications for engine swap.

Quick Reply: LS1 water pump modifications for engine swap.