C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TCC wiring, is this right

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 12:10 PM
dburgjohn
Drifting

Received 118 Likes on 73 Posts

Default TCC wiring, is this right

Here is how I think it works: the converter is controlled by a relay. the relay draws 12v from the brake light switch and grounds through the computer terminal 'P'. When on, this relay connects the computer ground terminal 'U' to the transmission. The trans is drawing 12v from ignition thru a 3rd gear only switch to the TCC solenoid and grounding thru the above circuit. Below is my drawing. is this correct?

I know these colors are not right, just trying to show different wires

Last edited by dburgjohn; 08-20-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:09 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Your schematic there is a tad hard to read, so I can explain how I did mine....

first off, change the brake light switch to a BWD S870.....the new section of the switch toward the rear is normally closed, and opens when you push brakes, the typical/older section you plug into with the Or/Wh wire plug is to the brake lights...press peddle and close switch/light lights....

so to take a jumper from ORANGE to one of the new section terminals.....

the other term of the new section goes to the tranny RED wire which is one side of the solenoid directly with no other connections....

the computer controlls the lockup on the grounding side of the solenoid, along with the switch in there you have marked 3rd gear....most of them are 4th gear/overdrive at that point....same thing if you have a thm350c....lockup 350 tranny....

so the internal sw of the tranny is in parallel with the computer....either/or will lock up the converter....

Old 08-20-2009, 01:17 PM
...Roger...
Race Director

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Looking in the 81 book and comparing ,your not even close. Your missing an air sw relay and a vac sensor just to start.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:16 PM
dburgjohn
Drifting

Originally Posted by DWncchs
Looking in the 81 book and comparing ,your not even close. Your missing an air sw relay and a vac sensor just to start.
I see them in the circuit, but they seemed to be parallel, not in series, that is the state of those relays did not seem to make or break the circuit. I was trying to understand so I can see why my 350c does not lock. Air pump and EGR along with their relays have been gone for a very long time from this car.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:33 PM
dburgjohn
Drifting

Default full drawing

Here is the full drawing I had. Tried to use color to show the lines. I see the other devices, but from the way it is drawn, I don't think they do anything. If I am wrong, can someone point it out?

Get notified of new replies

To TCC wiring, is this right

Quick Reply: TCC wiring, is this right