C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vacuum system

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 05:05 PM
billkat
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacuum system

I bought the vacuum hose kit from Ecklers and replaced every hose I could find under the hood. I have replaced the windshield wiper switch, a vacuum relay or solenoid what ever it is that is under the passanger wiper. I replaced the wiper actuator with one from ecklers and it worked for about 3 months. I also replaced a vacuum part down on the right wheel well. I have not replaced the hoses behind the dash because my wife does not want the dash apart. There is a hose that goes from the head lamp switch and appears to pass through the firewall. How many hoses are actually behind the dash for the headlamp/wiper system. I still have half the hoses in the box and I am wondering if some of them or for a different year. And the headlamps do not extend and retract and the wiper door does not open/close and the wipers quit working. any suggestions ? thanks in advance for any advise.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:58 PM
Duke94
Le Mans Master

Received 258 Likes on 210 Posts

Here's the vacuum diagrams.

Gary

http://willcoxcorvette.com/instructi...ted_080509.pdf
Old 10-18-2009, 10:33 AM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

The assembly instruction manual (AIM) helps with correct hose color and routing. Purchase the AIM and look over the assembly diagrams three or four times to get the hang of the color coding and hose routing.

If memory serves, the check valve in the vacuum supply line from the manifold is a one way valve. Did you reinstall yours correctly?

Wipers quit because the wiper door is not opening and the plunger is not tripping the limit switch on the firewall.

If the lights will not raise/lower with the headlight switch, your problem is probably the switch. Do your lights raise/lower with the over ride under the dash?

Last edited by Easy Mike; 10-18-2009 at 10:39 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Vacuum system

Quick Reply: Vacuum system