C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette

76 Stereo question

Old 01-15-2010, 06:26 PM
adam76texas

Default 76 Stereo question

Just bought a 76...the radio is original. When I turn it on the backlight comes on but with the volume cranked I can barely hear sound.

Do I need to replace the whole shootn' match or does anyone have an idea about a fix?

Thanks, Adam
Old 01-15-2010, 07:17 PM
NBC3
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by adam76texas View Post
Just bought a 76...the radio is original. When I turn it on the backlight comes on but with the volume cranked I can barely hear sound.

Do I need to replace the whole shootn' match or does anyone have an idea about a fix?

Thanks, Adam
There should be a preamp/amp behind the passenger dash. Check the connections to that. the right dash speaker is easy to get at, the left side - not so much. I replaced the whole shootin match with a custom autosound replacement.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 76 Stereo question

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: