C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What seatbelts and shoulder belts to use with C5 seats?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 06:09 PM
MakoShark72
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default What seatbelts and shoulder belts to use with C5 seats?

And please..NO 5-point racing harnesses!!

Looking for standard passenger car-type belts, must be retractable and "bolt right in" hopefully....

Mine are currently Ssnake-Oyl restos, 72 dark saddle. I'm thinking there is a less expensive option in black, then somebody else may have use for my "correct"ones...

I know I can dye the saddle ones, but seems a shame if a cheaper alternative is out there...

Thanks!
Old 04-21-2010, 10:07 PM
Dantana
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I'm not sure about C5 seats, but I used rear belts from a 2001 Trans Am and they are perfect. I looked hard and found a pair of actual black ones (most were kind of an off black or charcoal) in the Trans Am rather than the Firebirds and Camaros. Make sure you get the rear belts and not the fronts - and get the receiver with them because your stock ones won't work anymore. They bolt right into the stock location, but do not fit inside the stock retractor cover. I may have just made up the term "retractor cover", I'm talking about the plastic cover piece that sits on top of the rear wheel well and covers up the standard seat belt retractor. Search the forum for C3 replacement belts using F body rears. There is a lot out there including some pics.

Good luck!

I did mine for about $50, ebay.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:21 AM
vettehardt
Burning Brakes

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I haven't tried to put them in yet, but I also got a set of black belts from a F-body upon reccomendations on this board. They only put the black belts into Firebirds (and maybee as he said above, only Trans-Ams). I ended up buying a full set off of E-bay (don't remember how much maybee around 70). Once I get the rear ones into the 76 vette, the front belts from the firebird will go up on Craigslist to recoup some of it.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:59 AM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

I have the F body ones in the passenger side of my car and yes a 5 point on the drivers side. The F body seat belts are quite nice and fit well. I would recomend the F body belts.

Get notified of new replies

To What seatbelts and shoulder belts to use with C5 seats?

Quick Reply: What seatbelts and shoulder belts to use with C5 seats?