C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just a little bit off topic, but about the LT1

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2002, 04:05 AM
ElSeano80
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Just a little bit off topic, but about the LT1

I apologize for this not being a corvette related thread. However, with all the information I've gotten off this board in the past and all the help you've all given to me, why would I go anywhere else for advice? Anyhow, on with the question. I'm actually looking into buying a 1994 Z28 with 146,000 miles on it. The guy is asking a very fair price with all the mods into it, but as far as the engine goes, it is still stock. I'm looking into buying a new factory LT1 for it, but I'm not sure where to go. I've checked the local Chevy dealer and surely I can get one cheaper than what they're asking. I will be installing this with the help of my dad and uncle, so labor cost is basically nothing. The need for Chevy speed is in my blood and I'm going to sell my 97 Tacoma to my dad to make this purchase and focus all my efforts on restoring my 1980 vette. That is of course after I put a new engine into the Z28. So any suggestions on where I may go to find a cheap factory LT1 would be very appreciated.

Ok, I'll throw the vette in a little bit. I'm actually ready now to get her up on jackstands and have about a month to rebuild her rear-end before the nice weather comes around. It's funny. 10 years ago I never thought I'd be looking forward so much to rebuilding a car and getting it on the road. It's been too long since she's been out for a ride, damn snow. Thanks.

ElSeano80
Old 03-21-2002, 04:14 AM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Re: Just a little bit off topic, but about the LT1 (ElSeano80)

I know you can pick up used Lt-1's from Contemporary Corvette, in Bristol, PA. I think they will Charge you around 2 or 3k for one but it will be complete. Call Ron - Tell him Mike with the yellow 69 from Corvette foum sent you. :yesnod:

You can check out thier web site at http://www.contemporarycorvette.com - btw... they handle f-body and vette stuff...

One other place you might try is the f-body section here on the forum....http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zeroforum?id=80
Old 03-21-2002, 04:26 AM
ElSeano80
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks Mike. I'll definately be giving them a call.

ElSeano80
Old 03-21-2002, 07:13 AM
78Vette-SA
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

More $ but incredible stuff.

Street & PeRformance
http://www.tunedport.com

They have everything you would ever need, but ain't cheap. Worth checking with though.
Old 03-21-2002, 03:57 PM
One GM A Tech
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

greenwood chevy on the web as far as brand new from the general :cool:

Get notified of new replies

To Just a little bit off topic, but about the LT1

Quick Reply: Just a little bit off topic, but about the LT1