C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil Blow-by seems to be gone....

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 08:07 PM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 306 Posts

Default oil Blow-by seems to be gone....

I have had an oil blow-by problem for about 1 1/2 years now... and 2 engine builds... when i was getting it on the first build I though it was something I did wrong or rings not sealing or..... when the first engine went prematurely at around 1500 miles, it threw the HB and bent the snub on the crank, I completely rebuilt everything all over again...ran good but still had blow-by and oil filling up the fins in the valley after a 2 hour 3500rpm run... but not any more?????

I have been having some valve train problems for some time, springs were breaking, RR's seemed to be sticking, and valve lash issues.... the last seeming to be the cure for the blow-by.... so far, after 2 ~200 mile trips i have no blow-by..... the retro H-lifters, 3 of which were not holding a proper pump, therefore the backlash was never set properly... now once replaced, it seems my blow-by MAY be gone, the only other thing I did was put in 3/4" spacer between the valve covers and the heads...May.... I will continue to observe...

just FYI if anyone else may have this problem... Paul

Last edited by pauldana; 11-13-2010 at 11:04 PM.

Quick Reply: oil Blow-by seems to be gone....