C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight locking mechanism help...

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 11:47 PM
behardt91
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Headlight locking mechanism help...

When my passenger's side healight is raised up, it locks and can't be pushed back down by pushing on the headlight lid. But on the driver's side, the headlight doesn't seem to lock like the other side and you can push it down. Anyone had this problem? Also when the headlights are turned off after having been on, one light will close before the other.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:16 AM
dgood
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When my headlights are up, I can not push them down. They are supposed to lock into position. One of the screws may be out of adjustment on you drivers side. There is a slight pause with my lights when they go down. Maybe a second or two and then the other one will go down. You may have a leak in one or maybe the boots are bad on your diaphragm. Go to WILCOX website and they have a troubleshooting guide. Good luck
Old 12-19-2010, 09:57 AM
wombvette
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Two things to look at. There is a stop on the outer rim of the bucket. It is adjustable. If hitting too early the bucket wont lock up. See if your bucket is high as it is supposed to be.

Second: If the height is OK , there are three nuts at the bottom of the bracket just above the actuator shaft. With the bucket in the up position loosen those and let the bracket slide enough for the action to lock.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:17 AM
PUNISHER VETTE
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll tell you what it most likely is. There is a stop for the mechanize right in the middle of everything.

In the picture of mine what you can see is the bottom of the bolt that needs adjustment, it's in between the 4 springs. It has a hex bottom so you can adjust it from the end showing as the stopper end is hard to get to when in the car.

Old 12-19-2010, 10:20 AM
PUNISHER VETTE
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This one might help you see what it is as well.

Right in between the two springs. What you're looking at is the bottom of the bolt and the top is what is used as the stopper to keep the mechanize from locking too tight.

Get notified of new replies

To Headlight locking mechanism help...

Quick Reply: Headlight locking mechanism help...