C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

E-street heads and +.100 pushrods

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 04:51 PM
scottyp99
Le Mans Master

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by jackson
hardhead here.
It just sunk in ... 929 cam with Edelbrock alum heads on a 350.

why? 929 is tiny ... that's stock OE L48 cam ... tiny.

I wanna use my 'vette to pull some stumps out of the backyard.....just kidding, my goals are to drop a few pounds of engine weight, and make a little more power. Might upgrade the cam at a later date, we'll see. Swapping on new heads will be a big enough job without the added effort and hassle of changing the cam, too. The only things that the two jobs share is removal of the intake manifold and valve covers, so I don't really feel like I'll be wasting to much effort by not doing them at the same time; and it's just kinda pointless to upgrade cam with out having good heads to take advantage of it, so: heads first, cam later, if at all.

I have been looking at prices, and we are not really looking at a whole lot of money, here; Edelbrock hardened, +.100 pushrods are around $45.00, and new stamped rockers in the $50.00 neighborhood. I have a new question now, tho:

Will running pushrod guides and self-aligning rockers together give any kind of advantage, or is it just redundant? The self-aligning rockers are only, like, $10.00 more than the regular ones.

Scott
Old 01-10-2011, 05:45 PM
DRIVESHAFT
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scottyp99
Will running pushrod guides and self-aligning rockers together give any kind of advantage, or is it just redundant? The self-aligning rockers are only, like, $10.00 more than the regular ones.
Not only is there no advantage, it shouldnt be done. Use one method or the other.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:17 PM
scottyp99
Le Mans Master

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

OK, I think I've got all the info I need to make an informed decision, thanks for all your help, guys.

Scott

Quick Reply: E-street heads and +.100 pushrods