C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I wanna wake the dead.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 06:57 AM
Fishndude
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's mine..
2.5" true duals (no h-pipe) and flowmaster super 44's.. Oh, and I have a noisy gear drive too..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uswDxeJs-4o

FD
Old 03-23-2011, 08:41 AM
81_vette!
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thanks for all your suggestions...

I decided to go with the mfg. recommendations so here is what we did:

1977 SB with Headers

2 1/2" piping.

1 7/8" H-Pipe.

Classic Chambered Exhaust's POWERSTIX, 20".
http://www.classicchambered.com/

Sounds deep and powerful at IDLE. Very nice. Added as set of gahoochies to say the least. This alone was worth the upgrade.

Fantastic powerful deep tone at cruise and in-town driving. Makes a SB sound much bigger!

WOT is deep tone + a raspy gurgle and a volume level to wake the dead. Use sparingly.

From the front, you hear very little of the volume but you get a nice deep tone. From the driver's perspective, you hear deep tones and feel the massage of the exhaust. From the rear of the car.... a quick pump of the gas pedal will get that tailgater off you a$$ in a split second. Like a double barrel shotgun.

Overall... very happy and I finally got the ***** (volume wise) from my SB that I knew was there.

No popping or after fire.

Will report later on drone, but nothing to report as far as a noticeable change in power loss/gain.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:29 AM
81pilot
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Those are the same compnents I have, but I don't have a pass through crossmember and both of my chambers are side by side not far behind the collectors. I love the sound as well, and my exhaust points straight out the back with chrome slashcut tips, talk about aiming a shotgun at the people behind me! Your setup looks good! :O)
Old 03-24-2011, 10:51 AM
Ironcross
Race Director

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

Default Muffled LS7, 454

this also has 3" race mufflers underneath exiting at the tire cleaning the ground tract in front of the tire.....It actually quiets down while driving except at a stop where the noise bounces off other cars and then becomes quite obnoxious.....For pure street I would prefer the Walker Dynomax

......the car

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/f...t=68RedLS7.mp4.......the noise
Old 03-24-2011, 02:14 PM
hwcoop
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Actually.... what surprises me is the old geezer in the expensive hot rod that has it muffled down like a mini van.
Pretty soon we will have to around here...The city council is trying to pass a bylaw to setup photo radar style cameras setup to trigger over a certain DB. They are trying to shut down the guys on bikes with straight pipes, Loud stereos booming, loud cars.
Wonder if it will trigger when a cop car goes by with the siren going?
Old 03-27-2011, 11:29 PM
Imo Apita
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Here's mine..
2.5" true duals (no h-pipe) and flowmaster super 44's.. Oh, and I have a noisy gear drive too..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uswDxeJs-4o

FD
You tube says the video's been removed.
Would like to hear your gear drive, what brand is it?
Old 04-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Chambered
Le Mans Master

Received 138 Likes on 84 Posts

Tim - EXCELLENT!!

Post a movie/sound clip when you can. Great photos. (I told ya!) Glad you like the results.

-Eric

Quick Reply: I wanna wake the dead.