C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I finally realized why I like the C3 so much.

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2002, 10:37 PM
joeveto
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

Default I finally realized why I like the C3 so much.

I finally realized why I like the C3 so much.

The C3 is still fresh.

And when I say "Fresh," I'm not talking about green veggies or a nice panty smell. I'm talking about 80's old school rap, ghetto bootylicious FRESH, painted with spray paint in neon colors, on a dirty brick subway wall. :cool:

The C3, from the long nose, to the hip hugger fenders, to the wide and low stance, still rocks. And it rocks because I have yet to rap my mind around the look. The body still creates a conflict within my brain and makes me question what constitutes good taste and what's flat out wrong.

The C3 is the automotive equivalent of a honey who comes to the party with a pretty face and a fat butt stuffed into a too tight dress and pumps. Red lips, pretty smile, ready to go. Does it get any better? After a couple of beers, where are you? Right next to her.

At times, I scratch my head and can't make sense of it all. But then, the C3 look comes together, and what looked like a too stretched butt or an overdone profile, melds into a single unit that sets me on fire. I love this freaking car.

Hey, Prince never wrote a song about the 911. Has anyone?

What about the rest of you?
Old 04-19-2002, 10:50 PM
Golden80
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: I finally realized why I like the C3 so much. (joeveto)

:yesnod:

Now if I could only beat the kid next door who replaced his BMX bike with a Go-ped. Now he's kickin' my azz.

Matt
Old 04-19-2002, 10:51 PM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: I finally realized why I like the C3 so much. (Golden80)

Geesh, maybe we should all chip in and buy Golden80 some horsepower :D
Old 04-19-2002, 10:57 PM
joeveto
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

Golden, your total figure made a jump. What happened? Are you selling plasma? :D
Old 04-19-2002, 11:44 PM
erika1977
Instructor

forget stuffing my big butt into a tight dress, -- try stuffing your big butt into thes c3 seats!!!!!!!!!! :p:
Old 04-20-2002, 12:41 AM
PrarieShark
Melting Slicks

Default Re: I finally realized why I like the C3 so much. (erika1977)

forget stuffing my big butt into a tight dress, -- try stuffing your big butt into thes c3 seats!!!!!!!!!! :p:
Mine fits prity well :jester :D
Old 04-20-2002, 12:48 AM
mg62
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And when I say "Fresh," I'm not talking about green veggies or a nice panty smell. I'm talking about 80's old school rap, ghetto bootylicious FRESH, painted with spray paint in neon colors, on a dirty brick subway wall. :cool:

The C3, from the long nose, to the hip hugger fenders, to the wide and low stance, still rocks. And it rocks because I have yet to rap my mind around the look. The body still creates a conflict within my brain and makes me question what constitutes good taste and what's flat out wrong.

The C3 is the automotive equivalent of a honey who comes to the party with a pretty face and a fat butt stuffed into a too tight dress and pumps. Red lips, pretty smile, ready to go. Does it get any better? After a couple of beers, where are you? Right next to her.

At times, I scratch my head and can't make sense of it all. But then, the C3 look comes together, and what looked like a too stretched butt or an overdone profile, melds into a single unit that sets me on fire. I love this freaking car.
I've quoted a substantial portion of the original post because it bears repeating.

Amigo, you are a poet of the first order, and I salute you.

I sent a few pics of my yellow girl to a friend and his response was "she's like a big-breasted American girl ... brash, confident and in your face".

She's all that ....

Old 04-20-2002, 01:37 AM
GrandSportC3
Team Owner

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts
Cruise-In IV-V-VI-VII-VIII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03, '06, '17

>>What about the rest of you?

I have owned C3's and C4's. I really like all Corvettes. However - I always came back to the C3's. I really love the shape, the sound and the way the car drives so much better than any other car I have owned and/or driven. I don't need all that luxury that modern cars offer. It's one of the greatest things just putting the top down and driving around town....listening to the loud rumbling of my Sidepipes.....

:cheers:

Olivier
Old 04-20-2002, 01:37 AM
joeveto
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

Erika, it's like a big hug, everytime you drive it. Is there anything better? The best, is when it's cold outside, the T-tops are off, and the heat is on, full bore...

mg62, I agree with your friend. Exactly. These cars aren't about blending into the crowd, or being subtle. They are about charisma and making a statement--even if a lot of people disagree with what the cars are shouting about themselves. These aren't the librarians of the car world. Camry's have their place. But so do our C3's.
Old 04-20-2002, 02:01 AM
Anar76
Burning Brakes

Joe.... have you been drinking :D
You sound as if you are totally gone and taking a whole new "first ride" on the vette.
Like madonna said "like a virgin" :)
I totally agree though, well except for the whole 80's bootylicious getto theme thing but....well ok sure :)
Old 04-20-2002, 02:12 AM
L48Shark
Burning Brakes

Location: If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it is in English, thank a veteran.
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

What about the rest of you?
What does the C5 consistently get abused over in the auto press? The black interior, which they often (and appropriately) refer to as the "Batmobile" trim. Now the 50th special edition is coming out and it has a tan interior. Well, whoop-de-freakin-doo! It looks like a Lexus. Sharks? Red, silver, green, blue, whatever, no problem. Black and tan? Yes, they were among the many options available. :cool:

...also...

See a shark and wave. See a shark and wave. See a... C5? Camaro? T/A? No, C5! Wave, quick! Oh crap, it's an NSX! :rolleyes:
Old 04-20-2002, 02:22 AM
tangee-vette
Racer

Default Re: I finally realized why I like the C3 so much. (Anar76)

You gotta love that hourglass figure :cheers:

:cool:
Old 04-20-2002, 03:07 AM
joeveto
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

Anar--I'm terrifyingly sober right now. I'm working late and eating an apple. A beer would put me in La La Land. I was missing Chrissy (my Vette) and thought I'd write a little love to her. I'm performing heart surgery on her (uh, rebuilt engine) and I miss her. Tonight would have been a terrific night for a ride.

My wife, at this point, wishes I had a blonde on the side. Because this Chrissy (don't you dare call her a car :D) thing is getting out of control.

As far as the ghetto booty, it was the best analogy I could come up with. I love when the skinny, uptight white girls see a babe with back, packed into her hoochy mamma pants, and start sneering and being all bitc&hy about it. It's the same look/reaction I see in a lot of other car owner's faces, when I drive by in my Vette. I can't tell if they are jealous, out of touch, or both.

Or maybe they're afraid they might actually like it! :cool:
Old 04-20-2002, 08:45 AM
Golden80
Race Director

Golden, your total figure made a jump. What happened? Are you selling plasma? :D
Just putting cash into a savings account once a month. And plus my tax refunds are coming. I should have enough saved up by the end of this summer so next spring I'll be out laying rubber. I'm looking at having to probably save about an extra $1500, on top of the ZZ4 cost, for installation and other various parts that will need replacing. I unfortunately don't have the know-how or the tools to tackle this kind of job in my garage.

But by next spring I'll be smiling like this little blue-green dude. :D :D
Old 04-20-2002, 08:46 AM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

At a local car show last weekend our Club had examples of C1 to C5. Guess which one caught the most attention of young and old? The design is timeless.

[Modified by paul79, 7:48 AM 4/20/2002]
Old 04-20-2002, 10:40 AM
Pete Z
Melting Slicks

Default Re: I finally realized why I like the C3 so much. (paul79)

I still can look out the window and fall in love again with the C3.Every time I walk to her to get in,I realize how good she is looking.
It's simply the most beautful car ever build,imho. :cheers: :chevy :cool:
Old 04-20-2002, 10:55 AM
Fevre
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I am bent over the thing working on it, it is just another car. But when I step back and take a good look: WOW! :eek: Am I :cool: enough to be driving that?! Pinch me, I am dreaming.

C3ers around me don't know the :seeya . Gotta get em in know.

Save the wave!

Get notified of new replies

To I finally realized why I like the C3 so much.

Old 04-20-2002, 11:10 AM
fontking1a
Burning Brakes

I almost agree...except about the girl part. Let's say it's almost like Faith Hill, almost too beautiful to look at. The car has it all and as other cars come and go, this one still looks RIGHT.
Old 04-20-2002, 12:38 PM
shawn_cake
Racer

Default Re: I finally realized why I like the C3 so much. (fontking1a)

I have a 2001 Z06

BUT my heart still rides with the SHARK.
C3's are SEX ON WHEELS
Old 04-21-2002, 11:46 PM
L48Shark
Burning Brakes

Location: If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it is in English, thank a veteran.
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Default Re: I finally realized why I like the C3 so much. (Fevre)

C3ers around me don't know the :seeya . Gotta get em in know.
That's bizarre. :confused: It has been my experience that ALL Sharks (and mid-years) wave! :seeya Usually its the late-model C4 and the majority of the C5 crowd that doesn't wave. I attribute that to many of the owners being people who just buy a Vette to be pretentious because it is an expensive sports car and are unaware of its rich history and tight knit group of owners. The ones that do wave are usually squinting, trying to identify you as if they are thinking you are someone who knows them. :rolleyes:

Quick Reply: I finally realized why I like the C3 so much.