C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keyless entry and parking lights ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 12:00 AM
JLinCA
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Keyless entry and parking lights ?

I have the Commando KE-30 keyless system installed on my 81. All I want from this system is remote unlocking with the parking lights to flash at lock and unlock. This is where the problem is.

The locks are all wired up and work great. For the parking lights I have read that most people on here are using the brown wire off the light switch. When I use that wire, the lights flash as I want them too, but I am also getting the key/lights on warning buzzer as well. No matter where I tap into the brown light wiring I get the buzzer.

I've also read that someone had tapped into the hazards wire. I tapped into the brown wire off the harmonica connector under the steering column, but that did nothing.

I know the easy thing to do would be to disconnect the buzzer, but I don't want to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 05-22-2011, 07:40 AM
...Roger...
Race Director

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by JLinNY
I have the Commando KE-30 keyless system installed on my 81. All I want from this system is remote unlocking with the parking lights to flash at lock and unlock. This is where the problem is.

The locks are all wired up and work great. For the parking lights I have read that most people on here are using the brown wire off the light switch. When I use that wire, the lights flash as I want them too, but I am also getting the key/lights on warning buzzer as well. No matter where I tap into the brown light wiring I get the buzzer.
That's what the buzzer does,it monitors the light wire circuit,so the buzzer is doing exactly what its supposed to.
I've also read that someone had tapped into the hazards wire. I tapped into the brown wire off the harmonica connector under the steering column, but that did nothing.Without the hazard switch pushed in that brown is not connected to the system.

I know the easy thing to do would be to disconnect the buzzer, but I don't want to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Just a guess but I think you can install a diode between the front parking lights and the light switch and then tap your alarm wire in between the park lights and diode. That should stop the backfeed to the buzzer.

edit-I doubt this complicating your problem but the front parking lights are tied to the turn signals by the front side marker bulbs-I would remove the tiny bulbs from the front side markers until you get this sorted out.

Last edited by ...Roger...; 05-22-2011 at 07:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Keyless entry and parking lights ?